INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modifying Hairstyle Menu Schemes?  (Read 1013 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Modifying Hairstyle Menu Schemes?
« on: October 31, 2003, 11:54:59 am »

Is there any way to have Hairstyle only display certain items on the tree? For example, only photos and videos in the Media Library branch, or only certain view schemes. I suspect that the answer to this is "no" from looking at the XML that Hairstyle uses, but thought I would see if anyone knew differently or had another approach.

Hairstyle and MC have so much fuinctionality built in that I would rather it than another front end to play and access certain types of files, but I don't want to expose all of the MC  functionality to the casual user that's using a remote control in from of a TV and is likely to find it confusing.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Modifying Hairstyle Menu Schemes?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 12:04:33 pm »

The answer is "no", but we're moving in the direction of more customization of the tree.  I can't say when or what yet.

jleerigby

Re:Modifying Hairstyle Menu Schemes?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 12:17:10 pm »

I've started using HS a lot more now and this made me do a big tidy up of my view schemes.  To tidy things up a bit you could group some of your schemes that are not used in HS mode.  I just put them in into a view scheme group and set the group to position itself at the bottom of the tree.

Another approach is to create a clone of your library, call it 'For Hairstyle' and then delete the unwanted view schemes from the new library.  I didn't go for that as I figured I would find it difficult to keep the 2 libraries in sync.  Maybe someone knows a way around this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up