INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FREE DirectX & DSP plugin download Links (New additions 11/10)  (Read 5285 times)

LisaRCT

FREE DirectX & DSP plugin download Links (New additions 11/10)
« on: October 30, 2003, 10:17:13 am »

I have seen several folks ask about Direct-X plugins to use with MC9.1's DirectX DSP.
I found this one a while ago and just located where you can get the free plugin ---->>

rgc Audio High Frequency Stimulator

http://www.thedirectxfiles.com/manufacturers/rgc_HFstim.htm

I have found this to be excellent for enhancing MP3 files to regain the 'lost' hi-freq's.
Enjoy!
 ;D

OR to make it real easy . . . .
just click the direct download link here -->>  http://www.rgcaudio.com/downloads/freeware/hfstimdx10.exe

NEW!
 Here is the link for a DSP plugin called 4Front Headphones (originally posted by 'kcjack')
http://www.yohng.com/headphones.html

And here is a DSP processor (similar to DFX's) http://www.oss3d.com/usite/

LisaRCT

Re:FREE DirectX DSP plugin download
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 06:32:52 pm »

"Citizen of the Universe" ??

I don't think so!

Actually the universe revolves around ME!  
 :P

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 09:54:40 am »

Anyone know of any other FREE Direct-X plugins??

It would be nice to develop a list of links.

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 01:10:33 pm »

I have been using this one for months, like ever since MC9 included the Direct-X dsp.  

It has worked well for me under every build of MC.

Only reason I have not posted it sooner is that I had mis-located the link in my bookmarks.

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 09:30:16 am »

The above link and its 'download' link take me to a directory with no real indication of which file I should be downloading.  What file am I looking for?

Do the DirectX output plugins, filters and DSPs work with all output rendering, or do they work only with 'directsound' output??
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

LisaRCT

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 10:24:56 am »

Oh, sorry . . .  I should have posted more info . . .  

I just tested the link, which brings you to a webpage with a Title of:
High Frequency Stimulator at the bottom it has a download link which says: Free Download (357k) which brings you to the FTP site.
on the FTP site page click to enter the Freeware directory.
click on the filename hfstimdx10.exe   (an acronym for  High Frequency STIMulator DirectX) which will start the download dialog.
I am unfamiliar with the other files offered in the freeware directory, but those who are bold may wish to explore them.

OR to make it real easy . . . .
just click the direct download link here -->>  http://www.rgcaudio.com/downloads/freeware/hfstimdx10.exe
;)

Yes it works with other settings besides Direct Sound, as do the other MC9.1 DSP functions.
(I believe they process the signal on the input side, and  therefore are unaffected by the output mode)

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
Re:FREE DirectX DSP plugin download (added direct d/l link 11/01/
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 07:57:03 pm »

This plugin is great - I'm very impressed. Really sharpens things up. Is there any documentation for it, or just trial & error? I can't seem to make the presets stick.

For something completely different, try Izotope Vinyl. It makes your MP3s sound as if they're being played on an old turntable!

Also - will the DirectX plugins/effects work with a USB based D/A converter? I'm thinking of something like the M-Audio Sonica

LisaRCT

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 08:50:52 am »

Hi GPV,
Glad you like it.  Documentation? Well there is the description on the website http://www.thedirectxfiles.com/manufacturers/rgc_HFstim.htm, other than that it is trial and error.  I have also had diffculty getting the presets to stick, but fortunately the default setting works well with the 128kbs mp3 internet radio stream I listen to most (www.radioparadise.com).

There are also some other free plugins here http://www.thedirectxfiles.com/plugins.htm.

Regarding your question about the DirectX plugins working with a USB D/A converter . . . I haven't a clue, perhaps someone else can help you there.  

akmed

• Recent member
  • It's better to burn out, than to fade away....
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 10:15:25 am »

Lisa, nice find, I really like the "effect only" option that plays just what is being added to the mix.  That would be a nice feature for the other DSP options as well.

I too had problems with retaining settings, but no big deal.

GPV, I use an "iMic" usb based d/a for all output, it works fine with the DSP.  I am using it with MC set for wave out or direct sound, both work.

for $30 the iMic is a inexpensive way to add another sound input/output.

--Kurt

LisaRCT

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 07:50:32 am »

Here is the link for a DSP plugin called 4Front Headphones (originally posted by 'kcjack')
http://www.yohng.com/headphones.html
It shapes the audio allowing for a more 'open-room' sound and is adjustable.

And here is a DSP processor (similar to DFX's) http://www.oss3d.com/usite/

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 09:41:38 am »

Also - will the DirectX plugins/effects work with a USB based D/A converter? I'm thinking of something like the M-Audio Sonica

Well, everything works fine with the M-Audio Sonica. However, this device is such a huge improvement that for the most part I don't really need the plugins anymore...

LisaRCT

Re:FREE DirectX & DSP plugin download Links (New additions 11/10)
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 12:46:57 pm »

Wonderful!!  I am glad that you too are pleased with it.
Perhaps we should send some "kudo's" to the developer.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 09:46:07 am »

I stumbled across this thread and read with interest, downloaded the plugin and installed.

Now what?

I went into MC and tried to 'add plug in',  navigated to the correct directory and selected the .dll file and MC gave me the following 'Information' - "Unsupported plugin type.  The plugin can not be installed."

Any suggestions?

Thanks
pretend this is something funny

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 12:39:37 pm »

You need to download the DirectX Host DSP plugin then restart MC. You will then have an extra option in the DSP called DirectX Host where you can add and select the various plugins

LisaRCT

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2003, 03:26:31 pm »

I think the confusion comes from the additions made to this thread.

the Rgc High Freq Stimulator IS a DirectX plugin and must be installed then accessed in MC9 through the DirectX Host.

the 4Front Headphone plugin is NOT Direct X but rather a regular plugin which is added to MC9 from within the Plugin Manager screen.  (simply select 'Add Plugin' and point it to the proper dll files) You then access it through the DSP Studeo within MC9.

I hope this helps.
If not, please include which plugin you are having difficulty with in you inquiry/post.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2003, 05:09:13 pm »

Just out of curiosity, do you need to be running direct sound output? or can you run ASIO or WAVE and still use the directX host plug-ins?

kiwi

LisaRCT

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2003, 05:15:42 pm »

Sound output doesnot matter . . . any of those will work as the DSP effects are proccessed within MC9 before it is routed to your audio card.

thtv01

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2003, 07:50:01 pm »

Lisa or someone who uses this DirectX DSP plugin -
I don't understand how I get this to work.  What am I missing.  I've downloaded, installed it and then went into MC9's DSP Studio.  Then I put a check mark on the effects choice but I still don't see anything that says DirectX Host.  I restarted MC and still nothing.  Then I rebooted the PC and started MC again.  Checked the DSP Studio effects and still no DirectX Host.  Where should I be seeing this added option?

On the Effects menu I have 3 drop down sections (Environment, Virtual Sub & Surround Field).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

LisaRCT

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2003, 08:13:06 pm »

HI Tim,
you can download MC's DirectX plugin from here:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/downloads/mcplugins.pl?type=5&start=0&end=10&page=1

Install that and you will then see the DirectX controls in your DSP studio.

The Muffin Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • More music
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2003, 08:55:06 pm »

Just curious...  How is this different from the DSP that you get when you buy
MC?  Is it a "less filling/tastes great" type of argument or is the built in
DSP lacking in some way?

kcjack

• Recent member
  • UMKC BBALL
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2003, 09:42:57 pm »

I tried the Rgc High Freq Stimulator. Nice clean sounding effect to bring highs back. Thanks for the info.

thtv01

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2003, 11:59:55 pm »

Thanks lisa that worked. ;)      I'll have to spend some time playing  around with it now.

Thanks again for your help!
tim

LisaRCT

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2003, 01:00:47 am »

You all are quite welcome.
I agree that it brings back alot of the 'lost highs' (no, not the one's from the 60's!!) that are lost in mp3's.
I use APE for the CD's I rip, but often listen to a 128kb/s mp3 stream on RadioParadise and this really adds some lustre.

WFU_Fan,
the difference is that the DirectX Host allows a wide range of DirectX plugins to be used.  Many are quite elaborate and very effective, offering alot more versatility that the 'stock' DSP effects in MC.  For instance rather than use MC's rather fairly well made graphic equalizer, you can use a multi-band parametric equalizer which offers much greater ability to define the sound-shape.  Most of the more elaborate ones may need to be purchased, but if you search around free one's can be discovered.

The Muffin Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • More music
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2003, 08:05:19 am »

I'll check some out... Thanks.

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2003, 09:16:23 am »

Can't get Directx and DFX to work at the same time. I have MMD 3 Dfx-control installed in DSP Studio and that and Direct-X don't get alone at the same time. But I downloaded Direct-X in my Plug-in Manager, and it's under Dsp. For some reason It doesn't show up in DSP studio Tryed to add it and, nusupported files Pluging can't be installed, apeered. Is there something I'm doing wrong. Because I Tryed to install Direct-X before and it clash with MMD 3.  ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up