INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - What w00t! means  (Read 1839 times)

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
OT - What w00t! means
« on: October 31, 2003, 10:52:20 am »

"Use it as an interjection or a celebratory statement! As in...'Hey! I just upgraded my 56k modem to 1.1 SDSL. w00t! w00t!'. Works every time. True it's an independent clause, but really the best clauses are always independent. w00t."

"w00t belongs to gamers the world over. It seems to have been derived from the obselete 'whoot' which essentially is another way to say 'hoot' which itself is a shout or derisive laugh. But others maintain that w00t is the sound several players make while jumping like bunnies in Quake III. Still others want you to believe that it comes from the phrase 'wow loot' used in multiplayer RPGs many moons ago. Fiction or fact? I suppose you'll just have to decide what 'w00t!' means to you..." thinkgeek.com

Wobbley

jleerigby

Re:OT - What w00t! means
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 12:23:22 pm »

I just upgraded my 56k modem to 1.1 SDSL. w00t! w00t!'

That's not w00t!  If you live in Barnsley UK that'd be a bloody miracle. :'(

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 05:55:30 pm »

You're wrong...everybody here knows that w00t is the secret Beta name for the 3d Visualizations in MC ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 09:00:18 pm »

Thought about you tonight Adam, while out on the town.. You being a DJ....

I thought... I have all those tracks....but I'm not sure I could play them in the right order.

Any chance you can share some of your playlists?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 08:30:31 am »

Umm...I'm not really a DJ in the sense of a club DJ, more in the sense of a disco DJ.  I am not really that good when it comes to mixing dance music, I'm more of a rock man ;D

For what its worth I set MC to cross fade for 10 secs and have dbl clk set to add as the next track.  For actual 'DJing' MC isn't really appropriate yet as there is no way to preview tracks before you play them or add cue points.  If you want to do this I would rccomend something like Mix Meister or PCDJ (although their libraries are shite, hence wanting DJ features in MC).  Let me know where you need advice and I will give you what I can...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 11:34:07 am »

Thanks Adam.  I'm not planning to turn DJ or anything but we do manage a few all night parties at home every now and then.  Just thought it might be a nice idea to see if anyone has any good playlists they want to share (using export to HTML option maybe).  I'll start a new thread.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 12:04:12 pm »

LOL...thats cool...I just didn't want you thinking I was Carl Cox or anything...I usually just go for spur of the moment playlists really...I don't plan it out in advance too much.  For the disco I am doing for my theatre company I am planning to have a playlist of definite plays and then add to it as I go, bringing in requests etc.  I have about 5000 tracks to choose from so I can have quite a lot of variation...

Adam

sraymond

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 12:26:12 pm »

Thanks Adam.  I'm not planning to turn DJ or anything but we do manage a few all night parties at home every now and then.  Just thought it might be a nice idea to see if anyone has any good playlists they want to share (using export to HTML option maybe).  I'll start a new thread.

Why not whip up a sample HTML that you think looks good for showing off playlists and someone (me?) can write the XSLT that produces it.  Then you can use MCXMLExport to generate it.

Can playlists me imported?   That'd be neat!

Scott-

jleerigby

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 06:36:00 am »

Why not whip up a sample HTML that you think looks good for showing off playlists and someone (me?) can write the XSLT that produces it.  Then you can use MCXMLExport to generate it.

Can playlists me imported?   That'd be neat!

Scott-

But MC already includes this functionality.. e.g.
http://mysite.freeserve.com/jleerigby/summer_fun.htm

sraymond

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 11:09:48 am »

But MC already includes this functionality.. e.g.
http://mysite.freeserve.com/jleerigby/summer_fun.htm

If the aesthetics please you and there's nothing you'd want to change, your point is well-taken.  If, however, you'd like more control over the appearance or content, XML and XSLT are an answer.

I was also thinking a little grander - like maybe a website where we can all share playlists.  A sort of repository, if you will, for viewing other people's playlists.

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up