INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.296 available  (Read 3436 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.296 available
« on: November 05, 2003, 04:58:57 pm »

This is the latest build.  There may be some known (and unknown) bugs.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

The latest build of 9.1 is here:  
[This build was pulled because of color problems.  We'll have another in an hour or two.]

History
1. Fixed: CD burning view status box would wrap to multiline in some cases, even though there wasn't room for a second line.
2. Fixed: Options > Audio CD Settings text would overflow the groupbox's boundaries.
3. Fixed: Videos from data CD's wouldn't display thumbnails properly without the CD in the drive.
4. Fixed: Sorting was not working in "My Computer" views.
5. Fixed: Main vertical splitter could have slightly different shading than other splitters on some skins.
6. NEW: Added "Skins" submenu with quick skin switching.
7. Fixed: If user purchases or restores license while MC is running, the "Registration Info" dialog shows the new license info.
8. Fixed: After renaming in the tree MC would sometimes require an F5 for the change to show up.
9. NEW: Added "Skin Effects" dialog which allows customization of MEGA-ME coloring and appearance.
10. Fixed: When creating playlists in a new playlist group, the playlist wouldn't show up in the tree until after a refresh.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

Re:Media Center 9.1.296 available
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 05:12:44 pm »

Fix please:
1. The upload information when building an upload list for a portable drive (CF-card for example) is hard to figure out how much 'upload space' you have left remaining.  In prior releases of MJ/MC there used to be a line stating something like 'space remaining'.  As is now, you have to do the calculation in your head to figure out what you have left...computers are good at doing calculations (in general).  Seeing the ### remaining is worth 1000 words.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 06:03:02 pm »

After installing this build the column's view went back to the default. This never happened with any of the previous builds. Not a big deal, just somewhat annoying having to reset all the custom views.

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 06:41:18 pm »

This Folder doesn't show any files now (tree or pane) and now I think that this folder is an actual folder when it's not.
Forgot to mention, I'm also getting this folder in the root path and it also shows all files (shouldn't be there).

Media Center Registered 9.1.296 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 56 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 07:02:47 pm »

On installation, the "agreement" is completely blank. I agreed to it, anyway. That's the kind of guy I am.

I like being able to change skins without restarting.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 07:09:51 pm »

When clicking on the "next track" arrow while playing a CD, there is a short duration of stuttering until the next song starts up if I select smooth or aggressive crossfades and then set the slider to gapless.

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2383 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 235 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
Thank you,

John

dragyn

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 09:45:18 pm »

Action Window, control bars in display, and bottom toolbar icons do not update when using a skin effect.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 12:42:40 am »

The PixOS skin is messed up on this build.  It's suddenely a greenish tint (rather than the normal pleasing neutral blue) and the "Show Grid Lines" option no longer has any effect -- i.e. you don't get the alternating shaded lines in the lists.  This current screen has EXTREMELY light tints to all the colors on the bars, which results in a fatiguing "too bright" appearence.  The previous PixOS was much, MUCH more pleasing to the eye than this one.

I'm getting the same results on two systems.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 12:55:07 am »

The Media Server crashes have stopped, but I'm STILL not seeing album art in the "Playing Now - Track Info" window.  I CAN see cover art in the Action Window, and I CAN see cover art in the "3D Visualizations."  When I have the Playing Now window set to "Track Info," however, I just get a little red "x" in a white square.

Thanks,

Larry

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 01:25:59 am »

The PixOS skin is messed up on this build.  It's suddenely a greenish tint (rather than the normal pleasing neutral blue)

Tool > Skins > Skin Effects > None

RMB

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 02:08:34 am »

While already playing music, updating so that MC also shows images does not work as documented in the help file.

When the Right Button menu item 'Play' is selected, the document says that the images should be shown while the music continues.

What happens is that the images are shown, but the music stops.
The music then has to be re-selected, and then both images and music are simultaneous.

This is particularly problematic when the music is a web stream which has to be comletely re-bufferred.
RMB

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 04:05:43 am »

Thanks for the tip on the skin effects setting effecting the PixOS skin.  I read that this capability was added, but it didn't occur to me that they would turn any effects on by default.

I still have the album art problem with Media Server.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 04:14:56 am »

This build introduced some re-draw and response problems with the Action Window.  I sometimes can't select anything in the AW -- the cursur doens't change to the "hand" and clicking on the AW items does nothing.  When this happens, I can sometimes continue to see pieces of windows brought up in the AW area.  If I select "Media Library" and then "Audio" in the tree, everything goes back to normal.

On an unrelated note, I like the addition of the 'number of items' next to "All" in the lists.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2003, 06:55:27 am »

When accessing files over the Media Server, I'm not getting any "File Type Info" in the Action Window.  Some of the fields in this window are repeated on the "Tag Info" screen -- like bitrate -- and this information DOES show up on the Tag Info screen, but I get nothing other than "MP3" on the File Type Info screen when looking at these files over the Media Server.  When I look at the same files on the actual server, the File Type Info is all there, so it's not a problem with the file itself.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the Media Server also has a problem with the album art, which doesn't show up in the "track info" screen of the playing now window (I save the album art inside the mp3's.)

Larry

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2003, 07:30:00 am »

DVD playback is broken for me on this build, I get a Media Core error when trying to read a DVD. Here's what Microsoft's error reporting had to say:

AppName: media jukebox.exe    AppVer: 9.1.296.0    ModName: cdmanager.dll
ModVer: 2.0.52.0    Offset: 0000bd58

After this crash, I lost all my playlists as well.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 316 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 444 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA UJDA740 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:1  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 09:07:46 am »

DVD playback seems really messed up. I tried another DVD, which played. However, in all modes the DVD right click menu appeared about 200 pixels to the left of the mouse cursor, and when the mouse was near the right side of the screen the menu was offscreen.

When running in the internal window, the DVD playback area overlaps some of the controls, and the toolbars don't seem to hide completely.

In Options/Devices, my DVD/CD-RW drive appears as 1X speed. This is the only option in the menu, unless I press Detect, when it pops up 8X.

It was all working great in .291...

Other DVD playback programs on the same machine are working fine.

nila

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 09:44:10 am »

Hey, cant see anything - whole thing is glowing white :)

Where is the option to change the colour of the program etc so I can make it visible again?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2003, 09:45:19 am »

The FTP server is up again.

nila

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2003, 10:21:14 am »

Wahoo - finally worked out where the option was to change it (when the mouse was over the text in the menu's I could read what it said so I had to go thru each menu one by one! - maybe a check could be made to make sure the final colour of the skin isn't the same as the text so this doesn't happen ever?)

Anyway - love the addition!! :)
Any chance of having it combined with the Skin Manager so we can play with the visual appearance from once place - otherwise we have to change skin, change effect, go back to skin to try new skin with that effect, change effect etc - it makes it quite painful to try different skin and effect combo's.

If it was all in one screen it'd really help.

Thanks! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up