INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ8 features missing in MC9 (?)  (Read 639 times)

rjay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJ8 features missing in MC9 (?)
« on: November 06, 2003, 10:19:44 am »

1) Track Info Tooltips in MJ8 would show which playlists each track were included in - now it only gives basic info. Can this be changed back ?
2) Normalisation - it's still in the Help file for MC9 but I cannot see this option when burning a CD ... so how do I accomplish the MJ8 Normalisation feature with the MC9 DSP Studio option ??
3) Under the Media Library > Disk Location tree, I could re-arrange it so that folders which were quite deep in the directory tree did not show all the root folders.  I.e  I have an MP3 folder which starts in h:/music/mp3/pop/dance (for example) - previously in MJ8 it could just start at "Pop" but now I have to click to open "H", then click again to open "Music" etc.  How do I change this ??

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:MJ8 features missing in MC9 (?)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 10:26:22 am »

1) Track Info Tooltips in MJ8 would show which playlists each track were included in - now it only gives basic info. Can this be changed back ?

Not currently.  If enough people want it, perhaps in the next version.

2) Normalisation - it's still in the Help file for MC9 but I cannot see this option when burning a CD ... so how do I accomplish the MJ8 Normalisation feature with the MC9 DSP Studio option ??

Read about MC's Replay Gain -- it's a superior way to achieve the same thing.

3) Under the Media Library > Disk Location tree, I could re-arrange it so that folders which were quite deep in the directory tree did not show all the root folders.  I.e  I have an MP3 folder which starts in h:/music/mp3/pop/dance (for example) - previously in MJ8 it could just start at "Pop" but now I have to click to open "H", then click again to open "Music" etc.  How do I change this ??

Customize the view scheme by clicking on the pane column headers on the right. (when you click on the root of the scheme, you'll see them)  This is the new browsing system to compliment / replace the tree.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up