INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which browser do you use the majority of time?

FireBird
- 32 (15.9%)
IE
- 105 (52.2%)
Mozilla
- 14 (7%)
Netscape
- 2 (1%)
Opera
- 21 (10.4%)
Other (IE based)
- 25 (12.4%)
Other
- 2 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Browser Poll 2003  (Read 22129 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Browser Poll 2003
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2003, 08:17:39 pm »

Or were you pulling our leg?
I don't think so.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2003, 08:37:47 pm »

Good boy! (Jim)

He sounds serious, Scott. I don't think he would be so cruel to the FireBird faithful.

Jim,
How about offering the JRiver specific stuff as an extension? Seems like that would fit in well with the idealology of FireBird (basic features out of the box, add-on extensibility). I like the idea of an installer (I've heard the unofficial one at mozilla.org works well...is that what you used?). Now that you've moved up...you can read my earlier post that looks like a gray featureless block to 60% of the voters here. Make sure you try one of the optimized builds and the about:config tweaks. Welcome aboard!

10-27

LisaRCT

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2003, 07:49:22 am »

Hey Xen, how much of a cut do you get for each 'convert' you generate to Firebird?
I bet you get a generous percentage of the purchase price

(ok, let's see . . . .  20% of free = ??  )  

He sounds serious,
Don't believe him!  He promised me a pony and I never got it    :'(
Oh, wait a minute . . .  that wasn't Jim, had him confused with someone else  :P

sraymond

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2003, 02:01:15 pm »

Two Firebird questions....

Can someone tell me how to allow Firebird to open executables vice downloading?  For example, when I click on the link to download the latest version of MC, I can't select "open".  I have to save and then open manually.

Am I the only one who has a problem with adding YABBC tags to my posts?  Whenever I click on one, it adds the tags to the end of the post, not at the cursor.  The "surroundText" javascript function doesn't work, either.

Thanks.

Scott-

rocketsauce

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2003, 03:47:32 pm »

...open executables vice downloading?

There's been several long discussions about this at the Mozillazine forums. Currently, this is not an option with Firebird.

Am I the only one who has a problem with adding YABBC tags to my posts?  Whenever I click on one, it adds the tags to the end of the post, not at the cursor.  The "surroundText" javascript function doesn't work, either.

I'm absolutely no expert on javascript, but I would imagine that the problems are because of non-standard, IE-specific code. If someone knows for sure that this isn't the case, then it's a bug and probably should be reported at Bugzilla.

Rob

Ce.D

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2003, 05:52:49 pm »

As for web design I design using only standards compliant code and can get the page to look exactly the same in Firebird, Opera and IE.  Just takes a little tweaking.

Thank you Adam !

Old-time tests with old generations Mozillas used to give me so poor results in regards with CSS compatibility that I didn't really checked thoroughfully whether it was Firebird or my CSSs that was not giving me the desired results, especially since it appeared allright on IE, OP and Linux Godzilla... (shame on me; this was the ONE thing keeping me from making FB my Nr.1 browser)

Having read this thread and paticurlarly your quote, I went into thoroughly checking my CSSs. And Firebird eventually looks as good as IE and OP while being so much faster ! (it actually respects the CSS standard much more than IE and OP, reason why I could not see some sizing inconstencies in those)

It will be my preferred browser from now on ! Faster than IE, even more flexible than OP, I couldn't wish for more.

;D
Great piece of soft, guys!

rocketsauce

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2003, 05:53:32 pm »

Just came across the post over at Mozillazine announcing that the official Windows installer build of Firebird is now available. This should help fix most of the problems people have getting flash and/or java to work when using the zipped builds.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=33734

Rob

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2003, 01:54:48 am »

I've been using MyIE2 for about 3 months now.

It hasn't caused me any problems, it hasn't crashed on me, slowed down, screwed with other software, caused me to reboot constantly, forced me to re-install my OS, made me gnash my teeth in despair, caused my brow to furrow, broken me out in a cold sweat, made me swear like a trooper, or anything.

In my books, that makes it pretty bloody good software!

Firebird? Pfffhhtt! Get a life guys! Poor suckers hanging on to the shreds of the whole Netscape thing with grim determination...
Cheers
Rob

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2003, 02:19:42 am »

That's funny.  I'd just assumed that the correct behavoir was to add it at the end.   ?  Guess I've never used IE to look at the boards.  

Can one set up MyIE2 to have the middle button give you auto scroll when clicked anywhere other than a link, and open in new tab when clicking on a link?  I had a hard time figuring that out.

kiwi

NoCodeUK

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2003, 03:19:30 am »

Hat to rain on your parade lunch but Firebird actually has nothing to do with Netscape...it is a seperate entity written and ditrubed by The Mozilla Organisation.  Netscape is a separate company run by AOL.  The only similarity is they use the same browser engine - Gecko - which happens to be about 20 times better than IEs eg supports 32 bit tansparent PNGs, is fully CSS 1 compliant etc...

Don't knock it til you try it...

Jim - a specific MC FB would be great but like was mentioned it would be better as an extension

Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2003, 04:46:55 am »

NoCode,

Maybe I need to try a newer version of Firebird...

The version I tried maybe a month or two ago didn't exactly set me on fire.

Don't want to start browser wars, just stating that MyIE does all I need a browser to do, and hasn't pissed me off by being flakey.

I know the Netscape/AOL/Mozilla stuff, I wish it were that easy getting a bite when I'm a-fishing!! 8-)
Cheers
Rob

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2003, 05:20:02 am »

Can any of the Firebird aficionados tell me why FB was so slow in loading pictures on my system? I installed it with the Beta Msi installer and did not change any default preferences? By the way, I have 600B/s download speed! Does that matter? It might be fast on a dial-up line, but not on a high speed line!

And can you tell me how you handled the fact that not all IE favorites were imported and not sorted the same way as in IE?

And if I use IE and FB at the same time how are you going to synch favorites lists?

Then I might give it another try! Thank you!

kiwi

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2003, 06:10:46 am »

Can any of the Firebird aficionados tell me why FB was so slow in loading pictures on my system? ... By the way, I have 600B/s download speed! Does that matter?  

600B/s?

I would assume that it does matter....   ;D

I'm assuming that was supposed to be KB, as if it's B's, then you have figured out your problem.

What pictures does it have a problem loading?

kiwi

xen-uno

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2003, 10:43:34 am »

Lisa > how much of a cut do you get for each 'convert' you generate to Firebird?

100% of a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Scott > how to allow Firebird to open executables vice downloading?

Install the Download Statusbar extension. Puts a (temporary) bar across the bottom of FB. When the DL is complete, right click on the "marker" and select Open.

edit: I see what you're getting at. You don't care where the *.exe is kept (which would be the Temp Int Files dir for IE)...you just want it to DL and then start the installation, correct?

Scott > it adds the tags to the end of the post, not at the cursor

Yeah, has done that from day 1 (regardless of build). Never remembers cursor position. It is easier to compose posts in IE. I've adapted though. Could be incomplete implementation of JS, or as mentioned, IE specific code.

Jag > why FB was so slow in loading pictures on my system

Try the about:config tweaks here...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=15859;start=msg107394#msg107394

For processor optimized builds (they really do make a difference)...

http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/

Not sure why all your IE favorites weren't imported. Sorting in IE can be done with a right click. Sorting in FB is done with FB>Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks, which will bring up the Bookmarks Manager. Take a look at the sorting options there (blows IE out of the water), plus you can drag & drop.

Rx

sraymond

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2003, 11:43:58 am »

Scott > how to allow Firebird to open executables vice downloading?

Install the Download Statusbar extension. Puts a (temporary) bar across the bottom of FB. When the DL is complete, right click on the "marker" and select Open.

Thanks for the tip...  it works very nice!

edit: I see what you're getting at. You don't care where the *.exe is kept (which would be the Temp Int Files dir for IE)...you just want it to DL and then start the installation, correct?

Yeah....  I'll just save them to the Temp Int Files directory.  I don't mind double-clicking - at least it's there to remind me.

Scott-

sraymond

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2003, 11:50:44 am »

Sorting in FB is done with FB>Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks, which will bring up the Bookmarks Manager. Take a look at the sorting options there (blows IE out of the water), plus you can drag & drop.

My only complaint is that I can't figure out how to get Firebird to show more than one column of bookmarks.  MyIE2 lets them span many columns, meaning I can get all my bookmarks on the screen without having to scroll down for ages.

Scott-

nameless

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2003, 12:07:27 pm »

Perhaps you can explain to me why I press the Start button to stop my PC?

Ugh geez--please tell me you're not dredging up that silly old joking nitpick!  What would you prefer, a separate "Shut down" button, next to the "Start" button?

The "Start" button makes sense, because you do have to "start" the shut down process.  It's just a button label in any event; I don't think it has confused too many people over the years, in and of itself.

nameless

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2003, 12:09:48 pm »

Is this for real (I mean...  serious)?  In seven years of Internet use, this is the first time I've ever had a PNG transparency issue with the IE engine.

sraymond

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2003, 12:36:18 pm »

Is this for real (I mean...  serious)?  In seven years of Internet use, this is the first time I've ever had a PNG transparency issue with the IE engine.

I've NEVER seen IE do PNG transparency right.  It's always a light-ish blue instead of transparent.  And, don't forget that PNG is fairly new - while the standard was approved in 1996, it has been slow to gain widespread use.

On the other hand, transparent GIFs have always worked well with IE.

Scott-

xen-uno

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2003, 12:38:54 pm »

Shore is...it is a 24 bit png. IE can display transparency on 8 bit gif's and png's only. Look at it with another browser (no...I can't recommend one ::)).

Rx

nameless

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2003, 01:30:01 pm »

Well, one huge downside of using Internet Explorer, and all browsers that use its engine, is that its dominance means that Microsoft can ignore its problems and put the parking brake on its improvement and development...  but that's an obvious point.   ::)

I'm about to give Opera another shot.  How well "Wand" works is the make-or-break for me (since Opera and RoboForm are bitter enemies).   :'(

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2003, 02:07:10 pm »

I've always kind of liked Firebird. But I just can't give up the feature in MyIE2 that automatically cleans history and cache each time you close the browser. FB allows you to d/l an extension (called "x") that lets you do this by clicking a button. Is there any functionality in FB that works like MyIE2 in that respect?

I love my MyIE2, but something in me would love the idea of abandoning MS totally. I just want to keep my functionality  :)

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2003, 03:34:13 pm »

I've tried Firebird but I keep going back to the basic Mozilla browser.  I don't know why - for me it seems slightly quicker, it's definitely more stable and I just like the way it does things.  Firebird for the moment seems to be just Mozilla with a whole heap of UI-related bugs slapped on top.  Plus Mozilla gets the bug fixes and stable releases out a lot quicker.

Each to their own though - isn't it fantastic that we have all this choice?  :)

rocketsauce

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2003, 04:13:50 pm »

I've been playing around with MYIE2 since last night and it's quite good. The one thing that will keep me from using it is that you can't drag and drop to add or sort bookmarks in either the Favorits menu or on the Favorites Bar.

Rob

nameless

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2003, 04:40:15 pm »

I've been playing around with MYIE2 since last night and it's quite good. The one thing that will keep me from using it is that you can't drag and drop to add or sort bookmarks in either the Favorits menu or on the Favorites Bar.

Yeah, you have to drag-and-drop in the Favorites "Explorer Bar" (View > Explorer Bar > Favorites, or use Ctrl+I).  And for some idiotic reason, you have to close and relaunch MyIE2 for the change to be reflected.  (Just one of the things about MyIE2 that annoys me.)

rocketsauce

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2003, 05:04:49 pm »

It seems to be a problem of most of the "IE-frontend"  browsers that I've tried, so MYIE2 is not unique in that respect. Also, K-meleon (which uses the Gecko rendering engine, like Firebird, but uses Windows widgets for the UI) has this problem.

Other than the drag and drop bookmarks thing, though, I have to say MYIE2 is pretty good.

Rob

kiwi

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2003, 05:10:17 pm »

Scott > it adds the tags to the end of the post, not at the cursor

Yeah, has done that from day 1 (regardless of build). Never remembers cursor position. It is easier to compose posts in IE. I've adapted though. Could be incomplete implementation of JS, or as mentioned, IE specific code.

Yeah, I think that it must be something that's incorrect with yabb... and/or using a jscript function that's not supported.  I use MyPHPadmin at times, and it has no problems inserted items at the cursor.

Not sure why all your IE favorites weren't imported. Sorting in IE can be done with a right click. Sorting in FB is done with FB>Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks, which will bring up the Bookmarks Manager. Take a look at the sorting options there (blows IE out of the water), plus you can drag & drop.

Plus, with "live searching" of your bookmarks, you almost don't need to bother sorting them.

twalls

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2003, 05:26:56 pm »

Well the poll didn't specify which browser on which of my computers... I usually browse on my iBook so I'm for Safari all the way!

xen-uno

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2003, 09:56:13 pm »

kiwi > Yeah, I think that it must be something that's incorrect with yabb

It displays the same behavior at Hydrogen Audio, or any forum where there's a focus shift (ie clicking on a html button) from the compose window. The mozillazine forum does not have these...which may be why the problem hasn't been corrected yet.

Rx

kiwi

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2003, 01:22:26 am »

It displays the same behavior at Hydrogen Audio, or any forum where there's a focus shift (ie clicking on a html button) from the compose window. The mozillazine forum does not have these...which may be why the problem hasn't been corrected yet.
I think that it must just be using an unsupported jscript command.  Or looking for cursor information in a way that isn't supported.  I was just saying that it is possible to have data inserted w/ jscript from a function in FB.  myphpadmin (a web based admin tool for mysql) has a dialog box where you can use external buttons to add fields to your query.  

I didn't try it at first because I thought that it would behave as this dialog box performs, but it does work correctly. I'll have to take a look at the code and see what's different.  It might just be a small change.

kiwi

LonWar

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2003, 08:37:14 am »

Would be cool if that was the "Secret Project" that there working on
-

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2003, 01:47:44 pm »

I've used (in alpha order) Camino, Dillo, Firebird, IE, Lynx, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera and Safari.

A few personal observations:

IE is ok for sites that have IE specific code, otherwise I never use it. It seems like a dead project for development as far as I can tell.

I'm used to Netscape and use it most of the time but since AOL is not upgrading it any more I use Mozilla more often, it sure loads SLOW though. Long term I think Firebird is the way to go and the Thunderbird mail client works well for people used to using Netscape Mail. I don't know how anyone can do without tabbed browsing and integral popup blocking.

On my home machine, Opera is quite fast. I don't like the default layout though and get rid of stupid sidebars as fast as possible (this goes for all of the browsers that support them). Opera seems good at handling content on sites I frequent. Dillo is unbelievably fast, too bad the release version doesn't support https and authentication. When Dillo gets those I will be using it remotely over X enabled ssh links for administration purposes. Lynx does support https and auth so I use that often for remote administration.

Camino was my replacement for IE in MacOSX until Safari came out. Both Safari and Camino need more work but one nice thing about OSX is the single location for plugins so if you use multiple browsers you don't have to continually reinstall newer versions of plugins for each browser on your system.

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2003, 02:05:12 pm »

M$ just announced that SP2 for WinXP will integrate a popup blocker in IE. It's about time!  Now, when do you think we'll see tabs? Longhorn?  ;D

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

xen-uno

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2003, 03:46:12 pm »

Good boy! (Bob)

"Long term I think Firebird is the way to go" (I like how this man thinks)

Crow...

That's a start. Seen anything on the png transparency issue? Probably not :(. With MS dragging those huge feet, they are slowing down the adoption of several good image formats (24 bit trans png's and the siblings' mng & jng).

Heart warming though, is that the alternative browsers are making a strong showing here. So to MS I say "Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way".

10-27

Annie Sixgun

• Recent member
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2003, 04:15:59 pm »

MOZILLA ---  I have tried most and I love MOZILLA !!! :D

IE is just  plain terrible.. All the others have their good and bad points.
-- I have not tried Firebird.

Just my 2 cents worth....   Anne

kiwi

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2003, 12:48:18 am »

Just figured I would post that I found a cool new feature (well, new to me) of Firebird, with the Tabbed Bowser Extension Plugin.  

If you put the mouse cursor in the tab area and scroll with your scroll wheel, it can scroll through the tabs.  Very handy if you've opened quite a few tabs are looking for the one that you want.

kiwi

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2003, 03:09:14 pm »

This is very interesting to note:

1. Apparently nobody is using Netscape (not on this thread anyway).
2. MYIE is clearly a dramatic improvement on IE
3. FB is gaining ground in each release, and offering a truly viable solution to the IE engine.
4. Mozilla and Opera is for the true computer geeks!  :P

I remember years ago doing internet research on usage, ISP's and browsers, and the landscape looked much different. Interestingly, Netscape was far more popular b4 AOL bought them, as was AOL itself. Come to think of it, Winamp was much more popular before AOL gobbled them up too. AOL does seem to have that effect on people, just ask the folks at TW  :o.

My choice is MYIE, if just for the tabbed browsing and built in pop-up killer features.

TimB

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2003, 03:11:10 pm »

This is very interesting to note:Winamp was much more popular before AOL gobbled them up too. AOL does seem to have that effect on people, just ask the folks at TW  :o.
 ;)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

rocketsauce

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2003, 03:45:41 pm »

FB is gaining ground in each release, and offering a truly viable solution to the IE engine.

You can kind of lump Firebird/Netscape/Mozilla together in this respect, since they all use Gecko for the rendering engine. And, according to the Mozilla roadmap, Firebird is eventually going to replace the Mozilla Suite, with Thunderbird and Sunbird as the separate mail and composer clients.

Another cool Windows-only, Gecko-based browser I've been fooling around with for the past couple of days is K-Meleon. The 0.8 release has some cool features, like being able to use both Netscape/Mozilla style bookmarks and IE style favorites simultaneously. It's very fast, as fast as IE on my machine, and extremely customizable for those that like to get under the hood and tinker.

Rob

wuub

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mes Pingouins Aiment MC
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2003, 04:01:20 pm »

MyIE is like MC9 to me
For the web there's nothing that can really meet up to it's functionnalities ... and else !
(my personnal point of view of course !)

kiwi

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2003, 05:33:39 pm »

4. Mozilla and Opera is for the true computer geeks!  :P

I believe that this is because people never install other software.  They are unaware of it.  I've installed FB on a number of non-geek's machines, initially setting it up so that IE is still the default browser, but they now have a second link on the desktop for FB.  In many cases, I've had these people ask how they can make FB the default since they like it more.  

If people don't see other options, then they go with the base setup.

kiwi

blackimp

• Recent member
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2003, 06:11:35 pm »

Sleipnir, http://sleipnir.pos.to/ like MYIE2 yet doesn't have all the unneeded extra stuff. Been my default browser for about a year and a half.

Listening to: 'Whole Lotta Weed' from 'Mista Don't Play: Everything's Workin'' by 'Project Pat' on Media Center 9.1

nameless

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2003, 09:33:51 am »

Per my earlier post, I tried Opera 7.21, and I've just gotta say, the "Wand" feature is very lackluster.  I currently use RoboForm with MyIE2, and while I want to switch to a non-IE alternative, I won't even consider switching to another browser that doesn't offer the same kind of functionality I get with RoboForm.

I know that RoboForm works in "kluged mode" with Mozilla and some other browsers, but I can't put up with all those limitations.

I need a way to store personal information, and a way to automatically fill web-based forms.  The data repository needs to employ strong encryption (preferably other than AES), and it needs to be something I can view and edit.

Opera's "Wand" doesn't cut the mustard.  Where non-IE-based browsers are concerned, does anything?

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2003, 11:31:21 pm »

What a fun thread this has been.  Tried Firebird a while ago and just didn't like it's "feel".  Thanks to Crow and others for the MyIE2 recommendation.  Really liking it.

And boy do the Interact forums load so much faster.  ;D

Adam(S)

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2003, 12:02:52 am »

Kiwi,

Just a quick note to say that you can use the scroll-wheel through all open tabs in MyIE2 as well.

Wobbley

xen-uno

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2003, 12:11:35 pm »

Achtung IE users!

GoogleBar does popup blocking. Makes IE much less annoying to use (my heart still belongs to FB). The bar is more sophisticated than the FB version. It includes Page Rank, and shows you right on the bar how many popups it has blocked. Very cool.

10-27

sraymond

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2003, 01:52:58 am »

OK...  now I"m starting to suspect a conspiracy.  All of the sudden, IE has started taking more than a minute when first opening a browser window.  It also takes MC a simliar time to load, as it's set to start with the Start page (which uses IE to render).  And Outlook takes a while, too - though I didn't think IE was integrated into Outlook.

If anyone's heard of this before, I'd *really* appreciate advice.  Googling for hours hasn't helped.

Scott-

P.S.  I really do think it might be some jealousy on the part of IE - I've been using Firebird for a month or two now.

zevele10

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2003, 05:46:25 pm »

Better late than never.

As an average competent user -- and many time less than competent-- here is my opinion.
First i grow up on Netscape- My internet provider - at this time [first months of internet connection here] they send you someone- was a very strong Netscape-Netscape Mail  suporter.

So ,from day one i used Netscape and Netscape Mail.
When on moden 56 kps ,i removed Internet Explorer from my computer.
And i NEVER opened Outlook Express in my life.
When still on moden 56kps ,i found Opera. The difference of speed was just INCREDIBLE.
Since them [Opera 3 or 4]  ,i allways had Opera on my system.

Netscape 6 and Netscape Mail 6 , and the lack of plugin, like download manager just put me away from Netscape .

All over browsers having plugin problems with the programs i used, i had real hardtime.
And started to use Idiot Eternal-- Well ,not as bad as i throught.
But ,compared to Opera , Netscape and Mozilla , a lot of features missing.

Had a try at Firebird ,.I like it .Having using Mozilla ,i'am not in unknow land.
But , takes a lot of time for a non power user to set.
And , for people like me , there is a problem with Mozilla and Firebird: they are in perpetual developpement and do not carry for mister average. And never will.
Netscape was a good thing in the sens that it was a mister average version of Mozilla project.

Opera understood that the MC/interact crow only does not give you  enought bread.

MyIE2 : first time ,you feel overwhelm by the general look. But i really like it.

From now ,i will use MyIE2 instead of IE ,but still have a very soft spot for Opera ,and will use it more than MyIE2.
The problem with Opera is a very weak Emailclient.

But i use now the stand alone Mozilla Thunderbird email client--Quite good.

So ,Opera and MyIE2 for me

Right now ,using Firebird ,and I HATE this blinking curser allmost on the last letter i type .

Listening to: 'Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. -  Electric Heavyland - 03 - 03 Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. -' from 'Electric Heavyland' by 'Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O.' on Media Center 9.1

Look like i have to tag it.....

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2003, 05:50:49 pm »

Opera 7.23 for me.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up