INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art updating  (Read 804 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Cover Art updating
« on: November 06, 2003, 09:30:54 pm »

I'm having a hard time with some MC9 behavior around cover art management.

Basically, I've been systematically scanning, finding and storing cover art as "folder.jpg" in each of my album folders. I've used KingSparta's cover art plugin for this and it seems to work quite well. I've also scanned 400+ CD covers at 500x500 resolution.

Two problems:

1) No quick way of updating thumbnails, other than removing cover art and then re-adding from file.
2) No quick way of telling MC9 to just use the "folder.jpg" file - I've tried using "Quick find in file/cover art directory" but that doesn't seem to work now.

Moreover, I've come across a potentially destructive behavior. Say I used KingSparta's (excellent) plugin and it found the wrong art. I then go and scan or manually download the cover art and replace it. Now, when I view thumbnails in MC9, it still shows the wrong cover. I tell it to remove cover art, and it asks me whether I want to delete the cover art from the hard disk. If I say "yes", it will remove the new *correct* cover art as well.

I really only want it to refresh the thumbnail, and the process of deleting cover art, then navigating a dialog through an *extensive* music collection to find the new cover art is quite time consuming.

What I want is a quick way of selecting a bunch of albums and then, scanning for folder.jpg as the first priority. If not found, search for other .jpgs in the same folder. If not found, then search the MC9 Cover Art directory. Finally, search the Internet. Get the art and update the thumbnail in MC9.

I'm not sure that the Cover Art plugin does this exactly - sometimes the thumbnail in MC9 isn't updated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up