INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4Front Headphones  (Read 3247 times)

kcjack

• Recent member
  • UMKC BBALL
4Front Headphones
« on: November 09, 2003, 02:09:55 pm »

I was wondering if anyone had seen if a plug in I have used for Winamp and Musicmatch has found it's way to Media Center. It is 4front Headphones. It is a plugin I love to use, but hope there is someway it can be adapted to Media Center. Has anyone heard of this plugin or usage with Media Center?

LisaRCT

Re:4Front Headphones
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 03:22:41 pm »

What does it do?
Perhaps it can be adapted by someone here if you an spark enough interest.

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 06:16:49 pm »

I found it on the web, installed it, and YES it will work with MC9.1    :D

http://www.yohng.com/headphones.html

It is a digital effect that makes headphones sound more 'open' and room-like, while allowing you to vary the blance of the 'headphone'-type sound vs the 'open room'-like sound.

It sounds like it plays with the reverb, channel seperation, etc to achieve this effect and not coloring the sound too much . . . as you an tell by playing with the 'bypass' button on the configuration menu.

I think it is worth a test drive if you listen to headphones.

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 09:47:04 am »

Does it install as a DirectX plugin, or do you need to do anything else to get it to work? Also, will the same work for the OSS/3D plugin?

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 12:42:42 pm »

Download the file, oce done execute it and it will install on your machine.
Next, open MC9's Plugin Manager, click on Add Plugin, browse to the installed folder and select the dll file (dsp_headphones.dll).
Return to MC and find the plugin now listed as an option within the MC DSP Studio.  Tinker, play, enjoy   :D

Sauzee

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 09:22:54 pm »

Lisa Thanks for the instructions. I've got it up and running with MC but changing the settings doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

What results are you getting?

LisaRCT

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 10:38:02 pm »

I am getting noticable results and can sense the changes I make on it's settings.
Make sure you are not in bypass mode  ;)

kcjack

• Recent member
  • UMKC BBALL
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 07:09:45 pm »

Thanks for the info. I was away and did not see the posts until today. I am going to try what was suggested to see if it works. If you are using cheap headphones, as I am with my pocket pc, this plugin seems to make a difference I like. Only drawback seems to be some loss of bass. :)

modelmaker

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 10:55:04 pm »

I just followed your directions LisaRCT, however in my MC 9.0 plug-in menu, it  has  a "configure" button, no "start" button. When I hit "configure", I get the following error message: "4front headphones (OSPI)' plug-in performed illegal function".

I seem to have lost my "skins" on the drop down menus.

I guess 4front doesn't work on 9.0. I uninstalled it - skins are back to normal. Too Bad.

Listening to: 'A Remark You Made' from 'Heavy Weather' by 'Weather Report' (1977) on Media Center 9.0
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

kcjack

• Recent member
  • UMKC BBALL
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 08:16:02 pm »

I loaded the plugin to 9.1 and it works fine. I am now trying to find a way to load effects to the files I transfer to my pocket pc. I tried it and saw how loading effects during burning a CD works, but do not see how it works to transfers to players or pocket pcs. Does anyone have a line on effects to file transfers vs. CD burning?

LisaRCT

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 08:36:56 pm »

No Idea   :-\
Unless ya
1- burn a CD then Rip the DSP treated CD and transfer to the player . . . .long and round-about but a solution if none better exists.
2- Alternatively, find a 'Virtual CD' program that you can burn to perhaps??
3- Or, play the file thru MC plus DSP, and record it with Total Recorder (which captures it on the way to the soundcard so it captures what you are actually hearing)  . . .then send the resulting file to your portable.
4- Beg the JRiver folks to 'make it so'
Pages: [1]   Go Up