INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Get cover art from internet"  (Read 1452 times)

paulbailie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
"Get cover art from internet"
« on: December 16, 2002, 11:14:50 pm »

I'm using MJ Plus 9.0.82. When I try to get cover art for any Greatest Hits album I always get the Lenny Kravitz shot. I know he's been fairly influential, but not quite to this extent! Any workarounds out there? :-/
I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, than screaming in terror, like his passengers.

mclaugh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: "Get cover art from internet"
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 03:24:59 am »

The workaround you want it to manually d/l the cover art to the cover art directory, and delete the Kravitz cover.  You can either manually choose the cover art for the files you are talking about, or have MJ look for cover art "offline"- it should then associate w/ the new cover art you just manually downloaded.  

Now, for my problem:
I just figured out how to get the cover art from the Net last night.  I tried selecting all my music and having MJ search for their covers.
However, I've found that it freezes up about midway through- it seems to grab all the covers it needs off the net, and then as it's writing that info to the tags, it freezes up.  
I went back in and had it look for cover art "offline", so that it would associate the cover art it picked up, but that froze up, too.
It says in the Help File not to grab too many files to get cover art for- does anyone have an idea of how many can be selected at one time successfully?
MJ 90088, winXP

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 03:33:43 am »

The workaround you want it to manually d/l the cover art to the cover art directory, and delete the Kravitz cover.  You can either manually choose the cover art for the files you are talking about, or have MJ look for cover art "offline"- it should then associate w/ the new cover art you just manually downloaded.  

Now, for my problem:
I just figured out how to get the cover art from the Net last night.  I tried selecting all my music and having MJ search for their covers.
However, I've found that it freezes up about midway through- it seems to grab all the covers it needs off the net, and then as it's writing that info to the tags, it freezes up.  
I went back in and had it look for cover art "offline", so that it would associate the cover art it picked up, but that froze up, too.
It says in the Help File not to grab too many files to get cover art for- does anyone have an idea of how many can be selected at one time successfully?
MJ 90088, winXP

I had exactly the same problem.  However tagging about 2000 at a time appeared to be ok for me.  (I have 30,000 tracks)

mclaugh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 03:59:56 am »

Yeah, I have about 70gb of music, so you can understand my pain.....
I'll try about 2000 at a time- did you just click on the files by selecting "Artist Album" in the left pane, and then selecting groups of files in the right pane?  

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 04:04:14 am »

Basically yes.  I started that way and then once the first batch was done, i sorted by Image file location, then just tagged the next couple of thousand below.

PS Dont get too excited though - i think i only got hits on less than 25%

Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up