INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album View update? (added error)  (Read 4328 times)

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Album View update? (added error)
« on: November 12, 2003, 05:18:03 pm »

Hi Rhino,

In another thread you said you will be releasing a new version of AV. I have found a few things that I wonder if they can be changed.

1. High Importance.
If a track is rated by MC then when you create a new database in AV these tracks that are rated do not get included in the new db.

2. Med Importance.
AV recognises the Lyrics field. There are Custom 1, 2 and 3. Any chance of being able to link these to actual MC fields? ie Bios field.

Other then that, This is a GREAT plugin and well worth the couple cups of coffee.

Edit... I have just found that this does not seem to work with version .302 of MC.
If you have 302 and build a database it comes back with 0. I uninstalled 302 and installed 298 and it worked fine. I then installed .302 and re built the database and came back with nothing!!

I guess they changed something in MC that didn't agree with the plug in
-

RhinoBanga

• Developer
Re:Album View update? (added error)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 06:49:36 am »

If a track is rated by MC then when you create a new database in AV these tracks that are rated do not get included in the new db.

Works fine here ... can anyone else reproduce this?

AV recognises the Lyrics field. There are Custom 1, 2 and 3. Any chance of being able to link these to actual MC fields? ie Bios field.

I take it Bios is a user field as I cannot see it when I create a new View scheme in MC.

Tell me where you want to use/see this information and I will see what I can do.   Remember that AV has to be backwards compatible with MJ 8 so I have to consider the ramifications of implementing something that is only available in later versions.

If you have 302 and build a database it comes back with 0. I uninstalled 302 and installed 298 and it worked fine. I then installed .302 and re built the database and came back with nothing!!

Again it works absolutely fine with .302 here.   Can anyone else confirm/deny an issue?

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 08:59:47 am »

Works fine here ... can anyone else reproduce this?

I take it Bios is a user field as I cannot see it when I create a new View scheme in MC.

Tell me where you want to use/see this information and I will see what I can do.   Remember that AV has to be backwards compatible with MJ 8 so I have to consider the ramifications of implementing something that is only available in later versions.

Again it works absolutely fine with .302 here.   Can anyone else confirm/deny an issue?

Bios I thought was a field that came with MC. I do not remeber adding it.
How about being able to rename the label. So A user can name it    Album Info instead of Custom 1 but it looks at custom 1 for the info..

Does that make sence?

As for the 2 bugs, I am confused, I can reproduce it anytime... (does not take much for me to be confused)
-

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 09:16:33 am »

Have you used one of KingSparta's plugins?   To see what fields you have click on Media Library then on the right hand side of the screen right click on the Artist column then choose Add Column/Advanced.   I do not have Bios in there.

How about being able to rename the label. So A user can name it    Album Info instead of Custom 1 but it looks at custom 1 for the info..

Does that make sence?

I'm confused ... are you saying you have a separate Bios field or do you have Bios information in one of the Custom fields?   If it's in one of the custom fields then it will be really easy for me to rename the fields when it's shown in the Track Info details list (which is where I presume you are talking about).

As for the 2 bugs, I am confused, I can reproduce it anytime... (does not take much for me to be confused)

I am on Windows 2000 at the moment, but I'll try it on WindowsXP when I get home from work.

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 09:55:33 am »

Have you used one of KingSparta's plugins?   To see what fields you have click on Media Library then on the right hand side of the screen right click on the Artist column then choose Add Column/Advanced.   I do not have Bios in there.

Does that make sence?

I'm confused ... are you saying you have a separate Bios field or do you have Bios information in one of the Custom fields?   If it's in one of the custom fields then it will be really easy for me to rename the fields when it's shown in the Track Info details list (which is where I presume you are talking about).

I am on Windows 2000 at the moment, but I'll try it on WindowsXP when I get home from work.

I think if you just rename one of the custom fields to BIOS it will be ok.
Is there a way that the user can rename the Custome field to suit there needs?

I have 2k at work. I will try it here.
The machine that it doesn't work on is XP.
-

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 10:09:08 am »

I tried with my 2k machine and it works,
Maybe just a xp issue,.,..

Edit, 2K also works with ratings. I rated a few tracks and recreated the DB and it works...

Hopefully you can recreate these bugs in XP..
-

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 10:30:49 am »

I'm on XP SP1, just built a new AV db yesterday, ranked files from MC show up fine. (too bad the rankings don't transfer though).

Using 302, db built everything in my library, and boy do I love AV!

Not using lyrics or bios so I'm no help there.

WP

Media Center Registered 9.1.302 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2997 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 638 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive I:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive I: YAMAHA   CRW2200E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 05:04:16 pm »

Rhino,

Bios is a MC tag but it only appears in a tag dump if it contains any data.  I have a couple of tracks which I added bios too and it appears as COMM (Music_Match Bio): in the tag dump so I guess it was one of the tags added to work better with data from Music Match at the same time as Style and Mood were added...

Hope this helps

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

LonWar

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 05:26:07 pm »

I'm on XP SP1, just built a new AV db yesterday, ranked files from MC show up fine. (too bad the rankings don't transfer though).

Using 302, db built everything in my library, and boy do I love AV!

Not using lyrics or bios so I'm no help there.

WP

Media Center Registered 9.1.302 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2997 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 638 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive I:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive I: YAMAHA   CRW2200E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

I checked out a few builds and 299 is the last build that this works in for me?
-

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 01:18:25 pm »

Here's the latest version:

http://www.jdnet.co.uk/AlbumView/av2.zip

And here's the changelist since 2.0.7.1:

1) Added HTPC mode ... accessed via right-mouse/View menu
2) Added ability to create Xbox/XBMP .TBN files from artwork (in Tools/Extract Artwork)
3) Added ability to map the custom1/2/3 fields to any MC 9.1 field.   Check Options/MapFields
4) Fixed issue with crashing when grouping with 8-bit character sets
5) Fixed issue where AlbumArtist was always being used as the album artist instead of just Artist and was ignoring the global option
6) Fixed issue where crash occured when setting the date of an album.
7) Fixed issue where the colour of the track info pane was not being set property for notes/lyrics.

LonWar

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 04:28:01 pm »

Hi Rhino,
I tried this version with the latest MC (304) and no go. When I build a database nothing comes back??
-

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2003, 02:06:32 am »

There must be something screwy going on.   I have just tried .305 here on three computers (two XP and one 2000) and it all works fine.

Can you install .305, rename your database to X.AV2 and delete your artwork cache (which will either be in the same directory as your DB or in the Document And Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Album View 2.0\Cache).

Then fire up MC and create a new database so see what happens.   Also does the log screen tell you anything?

LonWar

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2003, 07:28:17 am »

Hey Rhino, No go... Installed 305 deleted the art cache file and renamed the database...

Activity Log  

Entries in MJ/MC database - 0

If I reinstall 299 that comes back with the correct amount and all is fine. (for the database)

Should I uninstall MC and all plugins and reinstall?
-

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2003, 08:17:36 am »

Yes please, also make sure you reboot after installing.

LonWar

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2003, 08:11:04 am »

Well, I uninstalled rebooted reinstalled and rebooted...

I got her working... But I found out what was wrong..

In any version of MC 299 and below, I was able to use the Database search criteria.. as:
[Artist]-[Album]-[Track #]-[Name]  and it would work flawlessly. With the new versions 300 and up this would not work.

When I reinstalled everything I forgot to enter anything in there and it worked no problem, I realized that I didn't put anything in there and went back and entered a search criteria as mentioned above and it wouldn't work....

Personally I don't care, It work for me... (thought you might like to now what the problem was)

However reinstalling did fix a # of problems I was having with it.
I can now rate a track and see them in your plugin !!! that's cool.

Thanks,
-

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2003, 08:20:23 am »

Glad to hear you got it working.

It may be a good idea to try entering that search criteria directly in MC to see what happens.   Sounds like it's a bug with MC which they should know about.

LonWar

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2003, 08:30:38 am »

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by entering the search criteria into MC?   ?

-

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2003, 09:57:26 am »

I thought you could enter search criteria into the <search here> box in MC?

LonWar

Re:Album View (Resolved)
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2003, 02:01:33 pm »

Ya, the searches seem to work in MC...
For some reason or another with the 300+ builds and my version of XP you have to run your plugin a little fifferently.. Results are still the same so I am happy...

Thanks,
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up