INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ripping mp3  (Read 1187 times)

waltman

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
ripping mp3
« on: November 13, 2003, 04:55:34 pm »

I have a cd with mp3 files and when I try to rip them to my hard drive I get a message saying"No files have been selected". I tried changing the encoder in"options", but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

jleerigby

Re:ripping mp3
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 05:19:00 pm »

If it's already MP3 are you sure you want to Rip it?  Don't you just want to copy it to your hard drive and then import the files into MC?

waltman

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 06:36:16 pm »

I imported them to MC. The songs will play in MC but when I try to burn them to a cd, the "CD Burning Progress" window appears saying,"Preparing to write". But it never goes to the burn. It just stays at that window. They are still in mp3 form. I want them in wave for my car stereo. Do I have to convert them first? Thanks again.

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 07:37:56 pm »

I've never had the problem you describe. Try converting to WAV and burning s separate processes - you can set this up under options

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 10:54:28 pm »

When you say you imported them to MC, did you copy the files from the cd to the hardrive and then import them?

Rob

waltman

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 07:05:59 am »

I copied to the hard drive and them imported again. It's working now but I think the problem was the "Windows Media Audio" box was not checked in file association. I don't know how it  got unchecked but the files copied and burned. Thanks for the help.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up