INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Location of the userdata  (Read 836 times)

ls

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Location of the userdata
« on: December 16, 2002, 05:36:58 am »

Hello,
just downloaded your Media Center and took a longer look at it. A nice product, but I found two points that where really annoying.

The user specific data is located in the directory of the application it self. Why not put it, where userdata should be, since the release of NT4?
In "%APPDATA%\"+[applicationname]
respectively in the path stored in:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\AppData"+[applicationname]

Temp files should be stored by default in "%TMP%\" or "%TEMP%\"

And things that has to be cached should be placed in the path stored in:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Local AppData"+[applicationname]
(This applies only to Win2k, WinXP and Win.net)

This would make Backups a lot more easy. After installation no one has to invest hours to check wich folder or file needs wich accessrights granted, so the application would               start. Every user at the computer could use his own settings ...

It would be nice, if the app would remember the sliderposition oft the lists, when changing between the different listtypes.
So I look at all my audiofiles and add a track from the middle of the list to currently playing. I change to currently playing to sort the new added entry to a different position. Then I switch back to all my audiofiles. The list now shows me it's beginning and I have to scroll all the way down to add aditional files. At this point it would be nice, if the list would show me the position where I leaved it.

Are there perhaps any possibilites, to configure the two points I mentioned, so they would work how I whished they would do?

With best regards, Lars
Pages: [1]   Go Up