INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Window suggestions  (Read 1037 times)

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Action Window suggestions
« on: November 17, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »

I know this has been addressed before, but I really think its more intuitive and more functional to have the action window show the CURRENTLY PLAYING track info WHEN the player is in the "PLAYING NOW" mode.  Also I'd bet most people would prefer that the action window remember the settings from the previous session rather than reverting back to the home page.

Thanks,
Mike

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Re:Media Center 9.1.306 available
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 04:59:32 pm »

I know this has been addressed before, but I really think its more intuitive and more functional to have the action window show the CURRENTLY PLAYING track info WHEN the player is in the "PLAYING NOW" mode.  Also I'd bet most people would prefer that the action window remember the settings from the previous session rather than reverting back to the home page.

Thanks,
Mike

The current function allows you to browse ahead through the Playing Now queue and see detailed info on songs that are going to be played. Without the action window, there is no way to do this. (Scenario: users points to song in Playing Now and says "yo, what's the album cover look like for that?" - you want to be able to click on it and see the cover in the Action Window without disrupting the music that is playing)

So the current function of the Action Window is necessary!

You can always use the Track Info for the currently playing song...

As for saving state, that might be useful. Perhaps make it an option like the startup view for MC9 as a whole.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 9.1.306 available
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 08:37:53 pm »

The current function allows you to browse ahead through the Playing Now queue and see detailed info on songs that are going to be played. Without the action window, there is no way to do this. (Scenario: users points to song in Playing Now and says "yo, what's the album cover look like for that?" - you want to be able to click on it and see the cover in the Action Window without disrupting the music that is playing)

So the current function of the Action Window is necessary!

OK, maybe it could snap back to the currently playing song after, say 15 or 30 seconds of inactivity.

Vorgod

Re:Action Window suggestions
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 01:12:31 pm »

... Also I'd bet most people would prefer that the action window remember the settings from the previous session rather than reverting back to the home page.

Thanks,
Mike

If I count as "most people" you just won your bet!

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Action Window suggestions
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 05:38:39 pm »

I'd second the vote for having the Action Window remember the previous location, although I'd rather not have it also mirror the information being shown in playing now (sorry, Mkutsen).

The playlist choice in the Action Window has me a bit confused.  I can't seem to change the visible playlists in the Action Window.  I have a bunch of playlists in various playlist folders, but all I see in the Action Window is a bunch of playlists I have no interest in most of the time.  Can this be customized?
Pages: [1]   Go Up