INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit startup settings manually  (Read 879 times)

tbone66

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Edit startup settings manually
« on: November 22, 2003, 11:25:53 am »

Hey everybody.  I seem to be the only having problems with MC going into mini-me mode.  The program freezes every time.

Decided to set the startup option for MC to mini-me mode to see if that might help.  Well, the program launches - but I can't see it.  The process is running, but the app is not visible.

Welllll, without the program visible, I can't get to the Options settings to change startup back to mega-me.  I'm looking at various .ini files, but haven't come across the setting I need to revert to starting in the mega-me mode.  Reinstallation did not overwrite that setting either.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.  Guess I'm stuck running mega-me mode until I can determine just why the heck moving from build .291 to .305 caused mini-me to become no-me.

T

LisaRCT

Re:Edit startup settings manually
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 09:33:00 am »

I once had a 'bad' skin which caused MC to become 'invisible' and left me unable to get to my settings . . . .  in my case I just went to the skins page on the web and downloaded another skin.  Since the new skin install causes MC to change to that new skin I was once again able to see MC so as to modify the skin settings.
Perhaps that will get you access to your start options.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 10:25:06 am »

The process is running, but the app is not visible.

it may just be off screen

enlarging the screen size may allow it to be found easly
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

tbone66

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 02:39:53 pm »

Tried installing new mini-me skins from the skin manager as well as a straight dl without the program running.  No change in either case.

Did discover that MC will enter mini-me mode under other profiles on this machine!  Obviously, there is a problem with a registry setting, user setting, or process that is running under my profile.

I will save desktop items and some other things from this profile, delete it, then re-create it and hope that solves the issue.  It is obviously not with the MC exe.

My apologies for not investigating this more deeply than I should (could) have before assuming there was a problem in later builds.  Of course, I didn't notice a problem until I updated from .291 so that's what I ran with.  I have not installed anything or changed any settings that I am aware of although any number of under the hood processes might have done so.

Thanks to all who provided feedback.  MC rocks and so do (most of  ;)) the people in this community.

T

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 02:41:53 pm »

Perhaps I should have been more clear in that I was referring ot downloading a Mega-Me skin to make the program visible again.

Glad you got a handle on it anyway.   ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up