INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Equaliser -> Playback Control  (Read 2012 times)

nila

Auto Equaliser -> Playback Control
« on: November 21, 2003, 03:42:37 am »

Hey all :)

I'm re-writing 'Auto Equaliser' from the ground up and I'm gonna change it to 'Playback Control'.

I'm also planning to add in some options though so you can set start times and end times for individual songs in the files fields and the plugin will make the song start at the value it finds in the start field and end at the value it finds in the end field.

I'm also thinking about giving it an 'intro mode' to play X seconds of each song starting at position Y.

Any other playback controls that would be helpful?

Per song volume levels maybe?

Lemme know!

I cant do pace, tempo etc as MC doesn't support them.

phelt

Re:Auto Equaliser -> Playback Control
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 11:07:51 pm »

Meant to reply sooner, sorry.

I'll give a try to the new version. Dunno how interested I am in preview modes or start/end time settings - my main interest was per-genre EQ. How about per-playlist EQ? That might be cool. I guess you would have to be able to set primacy of playlists over genre.

Anyway, looking forward to the new version. Don't forget to post announcements in the main forum since most folks don't seem to wander in here  :)

loug

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 02:38:10 pm »

As I mentioned in the Media Center 9 forum, I am looking for a way to mimic the replay gain function for video files.  I have a growing collection of music videos that has a wide variety of sound levels. (avi/DivX)

You mentioned that an extra DB field could possibly be used by your plug-in to adjust the volume level during playback.  If so this would be great.  I do not know how the internals work, though the volume should of course not  be an absolute setting, it should be a +/- of the current output volume.

Again, without knowing anything about what MC allows you to do...

Perhaps the best method would be to allow positive and negative numbers that would adjust the volume up or down from the current manually set level.  The plug-in would have to remember the manually set level so that several songs with negative numbers would not just keep lowering the volume.  (Just get the current volume, adjust for video/song, and then return to previous at end).

There may be a far better way of accomplishing this, and I am sure a better way of explaining it.

If this is possible without too much extra work, you can sign me up as one of your official plug-in users.

Thanks,

Lou

NOTE: If this is too easy...  Then how about making it easy to set the volumes?  This would be the procedure for the end user.

1) Set the volume to a pre-determined level.

2) Play the video/song

3) While it is playing the end user adjusts the volume to the desired reference level and then hits a menu option (or better yet a hot-key, even better make sure it can be triggered from a remote using Girder). This enters the value into the field for future playback.

Remember, this is just a thought from a lazy user!  Just having the ability to manually enter a value in the database that adjusts volume on playback is more than I can ask for.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 02:24:59 am »

Ideas:

• as I have a lot of "mixed" CDs, I would like to have an option to play gapless for a playlist (or from same album?) but play as defined in the options for all other songs
  • is it possible to adjust the volume for selected files or genres ("classical") which are not handled very good by replay gain (= I hate it when Siegfried shouts at me when he is supposed to be silent *g*)?
  • may it be possible to include genre-specific dsp-settings: e.g. "concert hall" or "subwoofer +15" for metal and "subwoofer +0" for classical?
  • it would be very good if _all_ settings are stored in custom-file-tags which are customizable - if the user wishes that (e.g. store the info for "play gapless" like "(string)AE_PlayMode'Wiedergabemodus'=Gapless" in the mp3-files)

Mirko

nila

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 02:51:34 am »

Loud, that should be possible. I'll check it out :)
+/- for the volume would be easy to do.
I'll look into ur 'advanced' options too :)

Mirko - nice idea's and I'd love to be able to say yeah but the SDK is pretty limited at the moment, dont think any of those are possible through a pure interface plugin, I'd have to write my own output plugin too I'm sure.
The volumes for files or genres would be possible though and would be just the same as for video's etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up