INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation: "Upgrading file info" freezes  (Read 863 times)

NBachers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Installation: "Upgrading file info" freezes
« on: November 22, 2003, 01:40:48 pm »

I posted a complaint that my MJ 8.0xxx kept emptying out my playlists.  I was advised to upgrade to MC 9.  I've downloaded it, but I can't get it to install.  When it tries to upgrade file info, it freezes at #246 of 1910.  I let it run for a couple of hours, and it didn't move past 246.  I shut the program down and tried to run it again, and the same thing happened. Windows Task Manager for XP Pro indicates that the program is running, not inactive.  Can someone help me get my files upgraded?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Installation: "Upgrading file info" freezes
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 01:45:00 pm »

Some People i think have problems with importing MJ8 databases for some reason or another.

how about just re-importing the data directly from the files
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

NBachers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 02:07:52 pm »

OK, I'll try that, but I can't even start the Media Center because it hasn't completely set up yet.  During the setup and installation process, there's a point where it tells me that Media Center won't run unless I upgrade my files, and warns me that this may take lots of time.  Can you give me some detailed info on how I can bypass the file upgrade and directly import?  Here's another question:  Is there any way to just bump the file upgrade process past file #246 (whatever that is) and continue with the insallation?  Since it's snagging on #246, what can I do to get it past this point, and let it complete the upgrade?  Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 02:41:42 pm »

Delete the jmd files (database files) in the MC or MJ program directory.

NBachers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 04:26:44 pm »

OK- I deleted the jmd files in both Media Jukebox 8 and Media Center.  That got me into Media Center.  Thanks for that.
     I searched for media files and waited until it went through both my hard drives.  There are a lot of music files that I know are in different folders that didn't get imported into the media library.  Short of manually importing each one from wherever they may be, is there any way to make sure they all get imported?
     Also, when I click on the Media Center 9.1 icon on my desktop, it goes through the setup and installation process before Media Center starts.  There's a box I can check during setup that will let me create a shortcut, but that screen flashes off so fast I can't put an x into the little box.  I've tried right-clicking the icon and doing "Create Shortcut Here," but when I click on that, the setup starts again.  I looked in the J River Media Center folder in My Computer, but there's nothing labeled as a shortcut.  Can you help me place an icon on my desktop that will start Media Center without going through the setup and installation process?
Pages: [1]   Go Up