INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.310 available  (Read 4982 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.1.310 available
« on: November 24, 2003, 04:30:47 pm »

Media Center 9.1.310 is available.

This is the latest build.  There may be some known (and unknown) bugs.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

The latest build of 9.1 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91310.exe

History:
1. Fixed: My Computer > My Network Places wasn't showing the proper name / icon.
2. Fixed: When switching from mini-me to Playing Now, MC would lose the scroll position.
3. Fixed: Setting the day or month of a year only date would change the year to the current year.
4. Fixed: Panes did not properly update after a font change.
5. Fixed: When using 'Internal Volume', fadeout stops didn't restore the volume to the original state.
6. Changed: Improved handling of parenthesis in "Clean File Properties" tool. (caused "A (II)" to become "A (Ii)", etc.)
7. Fixed: "Collapse All" would only collapse root items, but keep subitems expanded. (after a re-expand)
8. Fixed: Startup volume optimization did not work when using 'Internal Volume'.
9. Fixed: Invoking a list right-click menu with the menu keyboard button could cause a crash with some menu actions.
10. Fixed: After a Windows lock or user switch, MC would resize to an improper maximized size.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
Re:Media Center 9.1.310 available
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 04:38:04 pm »

I don't think I've told you guys this in awhile but you rock the free world.
Toast goes in the toaster.

btvillarin

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:29 pm »

Is this build also supposed to have fixed the sync issue where the iPod playlists would disappear randomly?  I would post this in the iPod thread, but I felt this would be better since it's about this build.

Thanks!!!

phelt

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 06:01:37 pm »

Dunno what the problem was previously (309), but this build is scary fast by comparison. Gracias.

Evander

• Recent member
  • nothing else to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 07:44:55 pm »

It seems to be a bug:

With PowerDVD 5 installed, I tried to play a DVD using MC, but there was no sound . So, I installed WinDVD 5 Player and now MC plays the DVD fine with audio in 2 channels mode.

When I select 6 channels, MC ignores it and play in 2 channels mode. WinDVD plays without problem...

Am I doing something wrong?

Evander - Brazil.

dingoBaby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 09:04:19 pm »

Analyize Audio is not working for me with this built.  After a file is scanned I get a "Media Center has failed to update [insert filename here]" error message.

I have tried several different mp3's all with the same result.
I May Be Listening To:

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 09:22:38 pm »

Build 310 has a problem with "Convert Files" function (which was working fine in 309). The problem occurs after each ape file is decoded and converted to mp3 format. A message appears indicating the MC was unable to update the file. Clicking on OK clears the message and the decoding continues to the next file in the list, decoding occurs and the error message reappears. At the end of converting all the selected files, the database display scrolls back to the top of the database list instead of remaining in the location of the originally selected files like it did in build 309. Scrolling back to the selected files reveals that the "ape" extensions have been converted to "mp3".

I've mentioned this before, but I'll do it again. The Convert Files dialog box does not scroll the files being converted after the conversion process reaches the last file in the initial list of files being converted. It used to do this in much earlier builds of 9.1. It's been broken a long time.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 09:56:57 pm »

Dunno what the problem was previously (309), but this build is scary fast by comparison. Gracias.

Good.  I think for a few builds it may have been building some views twice instead of once.  (a bug crept in because of other internal changes we've been making)

When I select 6 channels, MC ignores it and play in 2 channels mode. WinDVD plays without problem...

Are you configuring it from inside MC while playback is stopped? (Options > Playback > DVD)

Analyize Audio is not working for me with this built.  After a file is scanned I get a "Media Center has failed to update [insert filename here]" error message.

We updated to a newer MP3 tagging library today.  Is anyone else having issues?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 10:15:31 pm »

Matt,

I tried batch analyzing with this build (I did a group of 9, then another group of 6, all mp3s (or is it mp3's?  ;D), and got the error message stated by dingoBaby. However, it only happened with the first song in each batch -- all other analyzed properly. And, it seems to have saved the info (BPM, Replay Gain) despite what the error message says.

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

jleerigby

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 01:09:08 am »

From previous bug threads:

• Problem with how MC sets focus.  To recreate do the following:

*Display Playing Now and double click a track to start playback
*Use F11 to toggle into Track Info, Hairstyle and finally back to Mega-me
*You no longer have focus on the PN List (Try up and down arrow)

If you repeat the above test but have any other view besides playing now in focus before you toggle with F11, you always have focus just the way you left it when you return to Mega-me.

This behaviour is causing problems when navigating with a remote.  I could find a workaround but a fix within MC would be the best solution.

• If you tab from the tree to the search bar you get a system beep for no apparent reason.  (When playing loud music this is a very loud system beep!)
  • The Auto Hide button in Hairstyle set up screen doesn't work.  When clicked it doesn't show/remove the tick to indicate whether it is enabled.

jleerigby

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2003, 01:16:28 am »

Still does not load tracks correctly in Hairstyle mode for me. Always loads all of the tracks of the previous tree unless I manually select tracks. Uninstalled 9.1.310 and installed 9.1.290 and Hairstyle works fine. Reinstall 9.1.310, still no go.

Oh no!  The mad chemist is right.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2003, 02:00:27 am »

With each library change I get the "unable to update the file" error message, though everything is updated despite the message.

geier22

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2003, 02:35:31 am »

With each library change I get the "unable to update the file" error message, though everything is updated despite the message
....I have the same problem !
Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

btvillarin

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 02:36:14 am »

With each library change I get the "unable to update the file" error message, though everything is updated despite the message.

Just wanted to chime in with mkutsen so they don't feel alone.  :D

nila

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 02:58:27 am »

No mention of it in here so I presume it's still a bug:

Using:  MJViewItemAutomation to navigate the MC tree seems to produce unusual effects.
With the default view schemes in place - it seems to fill in all the tree info in all the views except audio for which it just finishes at the view scheme and doesn't create the items beneath it like it does for the others.

Also - it was mentioned a while back that   getFields() was introduced - yet I cannot find this ANYWHERE in the SDK or the mediajukebox.tbl?

Where is it and how is it used?

Thanks

TimB

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 04:12:57 am »

Definitely faster!  :)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

JaWe

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 04:21:16 am »

I get that message every time I edit tags. Before I updated from 309 this didn't happen

Evander

• Recent member
  • nothing else to say...
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2003, 05:42:48 am »

Are you configuring it from inside MC while playback is stopped? (Options > Playback > DVD)

Yes, I am. A question: MC includes the WinDVD audio filter to decode the AC3 audio stream, or is uses an existing filter to built the directshow graph?
I'm gonna see how many iviaudio.ax I have in my system. Perhaps MC is using an older one.

SteveG

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2003, 09:03:16 am »

Bryan,

If playlists were disappearing when you were doing on the fly conversion to iPod, this build should resolve that issue.

Steve

Dubster

• Recent member
  • Computer Software Designer
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2003, 09:04:12 am »

My system locks up during playback (OGG) whenever I switch to Now Playing with visualizations.  Seems to be a recently introduced problem as I don't recall having this before.

Tom

Media Center Registered 9.1.309 -- e:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
AMD Athlon 1474 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 458 MB, Free - 284 MB
Resource Info: System - 56 %, GDI - 77 %, User - 56 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive H:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-40125S         Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

btvillarin

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2003, 09:17:54 am »

Steve:

On the fly conversion = two-click sync?  ;)

And by the way, it shouldn've been after initializing my iPod, right?  It happened once even after the update, so I initialized mine.  I'll see how it goes from there, but I'm sure you know what you're talkin' about.   8)

Bryan

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2003, 09:54:07 am »

Can you please return the "sort by genre" view scheme for Hairstyle.

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2003, 10:19:58 am »

After ripping, I am getting the following message:

Failed to update the following files:

Then all the songs from the CD are listed.  This wasn't happening in 309.

Evander

• Recent member
  • nothing else to say...
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2003, 10:41:05 am »

Yes, I am. A question: MC includes the WinDVD audio filter to decode the AC3 audio stream, or is uses an existing filter to built the directshow graph?
I'm gonna see how many iviaudio.ax I have in my system. Perhaps MC is using an older one.

Matt, I've done some tests and discovered that it's not a MC bug: The WinDVD Filter doesn't save the settings.
To get at this point, I've installed ZoomPlayer to make some tests (ZoomPlayer permits build my own directshow graph and force to use it). I tried PowerDVD and a free AC3 decoder: AC3Filter (http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/). This last one works fine with MC.

Ailton Evander - Brazil.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2003, 10:47:06 am »

Steve,

Build 310; HH v79

I'll post it here instead of the iPod string (feel free to move it).

The disappearing playlist problem is gone. The annoying playlist parenthetical paths are still present.

As mentioned earlier. I also got unable to update database messages when converting files from ape to mp3.

When converting ape to mp3 on the fly, MC still crashes. Personally, I've solved the problem  :P -- I'm converting all ape files to 320 bitrate mp3. If I need good quality, I'll re-rip for the necessary application. Dealing with this constant shortcoming is wasting too much time and helping me to refine a vocabulary that doesn't need refining.

Thank you,

John

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2003, 11:49:54 am »

Postscript to the failed to udate message:

It seems to happen most frequently when I use non-english characters such as: á, é, ñ, etc.

When there are exclusively english characters in the tags I do not seem to have the problem.

Thank you,

John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2003, 12:42:56 pm »

Can you please return the "sort by genre" view scheme for Hairstyle.

You can add any view scheme you like.  Play around with the View > Add View Scheme menu.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cfgreen

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2003, 12:44:11 pm »

I’m having problems now (for a while)

My Computer drive tree crashes MC after opening and closing a couple of times.

Drive setup
C: 120G (System Drive)
D: 45 G Data (work and incoming new music)
E:160G Music by artist\album 0-J (580) Dir of artists
F:160G Music by artist\album K-Z (502) Dir of artists

Ripping my albums is done to D:\new music
Tagging, cover art and importing is done here
Then I drag it onto the proper tree and check
This has been working well till late (last 3 or four rev.), now the dir pulls to the bottom of the tree and on opening shows a blank.
Refreshing the tree will ether crash  mc or refresh OK but will crash on the next refresh.

Thanks Charles

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center 9.1.310 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 1000 Dual MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 288 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive G: TDK      CDRW401240B        Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2003, 01:02:09 pm »

I have this message also.  ?
Don't Panic!

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2003, 01:07:24 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/11/19   Priority: Low
    Tree Not Updating
    Copying a folder to a UNC drive does not update the contents of that folder until the tree is refreshed by hand.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/11/22   Priority: Low
      Roman Numerals Problem With Title Case
      Title case capitalization in Clean Files improperly handles roman numerals (e.g. Disc II becomes Disc Ii).[/s]

Toast goes in the toaster.

cfgreen

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2003, 01:10:44 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: mkutsen on Today at 02:00:27am
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have this message also.  

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2003, 02:08:48 pm »

Build 310:

This problem was in 308, seemed to be gone in 309, and is now back (or maybe I'm backwards):

If I select songs whose tags I have changed and then go to Library Tools>Update Library (From Tags) my tags are changed back to the old values from the library.

I use cntrl-z.

Same songs still selected and new tags restored; go to Library Tools>Update Tags (From Library) and the tags remain the same (and I suspect the library has been updated).

Is this correct? Intuitively it seems to be backwards.

Thank you,

John

mino

• Recent member
  • MediaJukeboxing Helena
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2003, 02:15:53 pm »

10. Fixed: After a Windows lock or user switch, MC would resize to an improper maximized size.

Thanks for that, lads and/or lasses. Great work from the MC team -- AGAIN.
Pages: [1]   Go Up