INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control Plug-Ins  (Read 2924 times)

Rockinrob

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Remote Control Plug-Ins
« on: November 26, 2003, 04:33:10 pm »

I just purchased the ATI Remote Wonder - RF Remote, and need a MC plug-in for it.  

Does anyone know of a solution to get this device working with MC and enjoying all of its features?

Thanks in advance - Rob Juneau

zevele10

Re:Remote Control Plug-Ins
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 04:35:04 pm »

Any hope concerning  the Creative Extegy remote?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 04:57:40 pm »

We just bought an ATI remote too, so there _may_ be a plug-in available in the future.

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 06:05:45 pm »

Good news to many !
Cause i know that many have it , not only me

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 06:15:12 pm »

Rock > Does anyone know of a solution...

The first step is to DL and install Girder. Under the Media Center dir, there is directory containing MC/Girder plugins (MC>Data>Extras>Girder). Check out the *.txt file within it. On top of all that, do a forum search. It is frequently discussed.

10-27

Rockinrob

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 09:26:58 pm »

Jim,

Excellent news that you are researching the ATI Remote Wonder.  I have loaded it and the basic controls (eg. volume, next/previous, start, stop) seem to function perfectly.  With an MC plug-in I am sure we will be able to get even more functionality.  I purchased this specific remote because it is the only one I found that is RF-based, and not IR.

I look forward to future developments...  ;D

Rob Juneau

sraymond

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 09:57:41 pm »

With an MC plug-in I am sure we will be able to get even more functionality.

Just to make sure there's no confusion...  

First, a definition:  "Learn":  Allowing an application to respond to your specific remote events.  Not all remotes send the same code for a particular keypress...  so any application needs to learn which codes are sent by your remote for each keypress.

JRiver is talking about adding a plugin to MC that allows you to "learn" the remote from within MC.  This is a very nice feature for out-of-the-box use, as it's pretty darned simple.

If you want the most functionality possible with your remote, I suggest you use Girder.  It will control almost every facet of MC (much more than you can do with "learn") and that's just the tip of the iceberg.  If you search INTERACT, you will find reference to Girder configuration files that are already "learned" for MC.  Setup for Girder is Easy to Hard. depending on who you ask.  But there are plenty of us here on INTERACT that have done it, and the Girder forum has *tons* of help available.

Scott-

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 02:34:51 am »

by the way, i would like to use Girder too, but Irman is not availible in Germany. No response from Denmark or Netherlands. Does anybody knows where to buy ?
At the Moment, i tried the IGOR DLL for Girder and a simple LED on the RS232. But the Plugin needs to much processor time because of the software decoding. Is Irman even the better choice ?
So, actually i see no possibility for a remote...

Uwe

jleerigby

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2003, 02:41:07 am »

Setup for Girder is Easy to Hard. depending on who you ask.  But there are plenty of us here on INTERACT that have done it, and the Girder forum has *tons* of help available.

I held back from using Girder for a long time, believing the scary stories from others about it being really complicated.  That was a mistake as it wasn't complicated at all (aside from the first 10 minutes).  Just use the ready made Girder configuration file (.gml) in the directory referred to above by Xen-uno and you'll quickly get going.  It is way more powerful than any plug in - there is almost no limit to what you can make it do.

sraymond

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2003, 11:54:54 am »

by the way, i would like to use Girder too, but Irman is not availible in Germany. No response from Denmark or Netherlands. Does anybody knows where to buy ?

Why are you focused on IRMAN?  There are *lots* of remotes out there with Girder plugins.  My favorite is USB-UIRT.

Scott-

sraymond

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2003, 11:56:32 am »

Setup for Girder is Easy to Hard. depending on who you ask.  But there are plenty of us here on INTERACT that have done it, and the Girder forum has *tons* of help available.

I held back from using Girder for a long time, believing the scary stories from others about it being really complicated.  That was a mistake as it wasn't complicated at all (aside from the first 10 minutes).  Just use the ready made Girder configuration file (.gml) in the directory referred to above by Xen-uno and you'll quickly get going.  It is way more powerful than any plug in - there is almost no limit to what you can make it do.

You're not blond, are you?  I see a pattern emerging :P

Scott-

jleerigby

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 02:54:46 pm »

I've been called bald before but never blonde.  

zevele10

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2003, 04:28:48 pm »

BUT , there his bald blondes as far as i know....

Jim ,i understood that you got an Extigy...

Not the case.

Listening to: 'Life's Greatest Fool (Alternative version)' from 'No Other-DbN' by 'Gene Clark' on Media Center 9.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up