INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Improve TV deinterlacing. Tifs support.  (Read 2625 times)

Greg_C

Improve TV deinterlacing. Tifs support.
« on: December 06, 2002, 07:37:13 pm »

Is there anyway to improve the deinterlacing when viewing a TV Card? I noticed a deinterlacing option but it said I didn't have the filter on my system. What filter are we talking about? I'm using a ATI TV Wonder in Media Center 9.

Also, about 90% of the images on my PC are high resolution tifs. Can you add support for this image format?
Thanks, Greg

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Improve TV deinterlacing. Tifs support.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2002, 03:45:39 am »

The deinterlace filter it wants is descaler.  If you can't find it, let us know.

No tiffs at this time.  Maybe later.

Greg_C

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2002, 07:56:02 am »

Are you talking about the Directshow Dscaler filter listed on the Dscaler website? How do you install it? Just like any other plugin? If not, could you link it or email it to me.

Thanls, Greg

Greg_C

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2002, 10:21:58 am »

After some research, I found out that the version of the DScaler directshow filter on DScalers site is outdated. Can you send me an updated version that works with MJ? Also, do you have to use any particlar drivers or do anything other than register the filter? I tried emailing yaboing direct but the messages got kicked back. It would be great to get DScaler deinterlacing on MJ (MC?)

Thanks, Greg

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2002, 04:00:27 am »

Greg, I sent you a file and a second message with some comments about it.

Greg_C

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2002, 09:02:01 am »

Thanks Jim
That makes a big improvement in PQ. However, I have to use one of the built in deinterlacing types which work good enough but I would really like to be able to use the GreedyH filter. If I try to use one of the external DScaler plugins, it works fine until the next time I open TV, I get a fatal error. I have to go into the registry and set the deinterlace mode to 0. TV will then open but obviously, the deinterlace mode is wrong. Thinking maybe it was a ATI TV Wonder driver issue, I tried to get the btwincap drivers to install. But after many tries and a little research, it appears that the drivers don't work with the TV Wonder. I could get the vid cap and audio cap to install, but not the tuner or crossbars. I tried both auto installs and the manual istalls. I have a couple of other cap cards lying around that I will try out. Finally went back to the ATI driver. I had given up having a full featurd HTPC and am currently just using it for DVD playback, but I think that Media Center/Hairspray may change my mind. Thanks for your help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2002, 10:05:40 am »

Greg,

The crash may be related to the Deinterlace filter or plugin itself, rather than driver. Stick with ATI driver.

Currently to use external plugin, you have to select it from the configuration dialog, and it does not remember the selection. I did not try to make our TV control to remember that part of the setting since I refrained from using the 'new' interface. The DScaler people said the interface is not fixed and may change.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up