INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Auto-Play and Media Jukebox Support  (Read 941 times)

Steve345

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
CD Auto-Play and Media Jukebox Support
« on: December 08, 2002, 04:49:04 pm »

I have looked and read the FAQ but maybe not carefully enough and can't find a way to stop this.

I'm running version 8.0.388 on a W2k Pro machine and while Media Jukebox is running, whenever a CD is placed in the drive my system, MJ starts playing it.

I don't want this to happen as often I'm ripping CD's not playing them. Furthermore, something in the YADB lookups for the newly inserted CD seems to fairly consistently crash the program while the CD is playing.

Once I clear "Playing Now" the YADB lookup usually works and I can proceed to rip.

Finally, while the program seems to work generally well, I have many more important (to myself) things to do than read message boards concerning the intricacies of CD Ripping and Burning and whatever else Media Jukebox does. I would much prefer to submit an e-mail with my issues and be e-mailed a response. If someone wants to post my e-mail on a board to help others that's fine. Again, if I have not looked carefully enough, please let me know where I should send e-mails to rather than posting to this board.

Regards,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: CD Auto-Play and Media Jukebox Support
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 03:27:24 am »

That's controlled by Windows and you can turn it off in Windows.  It's different in each version of Windows.  Try the properties of the device.  It's called something like "auto-start" or "auto-insert".  Microsoft's website or a google search might help.

I believe you can press and hold the shift key while inserting a CD to over-ride it.

Steve345

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: CD Auto-Play and Media Jukebox Support
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 05:31:36 am »

Thanks for the info.

STeve
Pages: [1]   Go Up