INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crash every 13 seconds ...  (Read 1426 times)

London Richie

• I'm a llama!
MC crash every 13 seconds ...
« on: December 05, 2003, 04:12:12 pm »

Hi,

Been using MC for a while now and was so pleased with it i purchased; hadnt had any problems with it at all until now:

think it was yesterday i got a random crash by MC, not unusual really, coz it happens sometimes when im opening alot of programs at the same time, no biggy. However, after this crash there seems to be a bigger problem, everytime i open MC it will stay open for around 13 seconds (playing a file or not) and then MC will crash without fail, there is no error message, its like i clicked on the X (close) button.

tried a few things to correct this: Firstly i installed a newer version of MC - This worked at first and i had a sigh of relief, MC was probably open for 4 hours without a single problem, however when i close down the program and came back to it in the evening time the same problem occurrred, it crashed around every 13 seconds....

Was too bothered because i could format this partition and start over, have done this and the problem still occurs! Its very frustrating becuase all the other music progs are in my opinion rubbish and i paid money for this program.

I have found i can use Mediajukebox without a problem and this wud be great, but i just dont like the skins and prefer the extra features on MC.

Can some1 please help me out!?

details below from a MC version 10 install:

Media Center 10.0.10 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2071 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 282 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2730.1200 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.115 (xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     NR-7800A           Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

thanks for your time & ANY ideas,

London Rich

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:MC crash every 13 seconds ...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 04:13:45 pm »

Please use the version of 9.1 that is on the download page.

London Richie

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 04:22:22 pm »

i have tried the install of Version 9.1 and the same problem occurs, it just happened that i tried out version 10 as a last resort hence why i posted my details from a version 10 install...

what could the problem be, i would have thought a format of my partition would have cleared any problems.

London Richie

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 04:24:38 pm »

If a crack has been installed, that could account for it.

We also saw a similar problem a few weeks ago (4?) that turned out to be a virus.

London Richie

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 04:26:51 pm »

Nope i havnt installed a crack, i have a full working licence... what is the link to the virus thread?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 04:31:45 pm »

Please try a search.  Or read old threads about crashing problems.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 04:43:49 pm »

Sounds like a problem with the library to me. With MC closed, take all of your *.jmd files in the ....\Media Center\Data directory and move them to some temp directory. Doing so will force MC to create a new library when you run it. Re-import your media. What happens? If it doesn't crash then you know your library is corrupt...if it still does then a uninstall/reinstall of MC is in order.

10-27

LisaRCT

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 12:55:15 pm »

Crashes EVERY 13 seconds??  

Or a definite reproducable error with a consistent cause . . .  if it was inconsistant or intermittant it would be harder to find/fix.

I'd put my money of the corrupt library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up