INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Focus/Refresh problem with Girder  (Read 1399 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Focus/Refresh problem with Girder
« on: December 07, 2002, 08:58:09 pm »

Well, it seems to be my time for the really "hard" questions...

Back in September, I was just beginning to learn about MJ & Girder. I discovered some odd problem that I posted about in the following thread:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1031615828;start=5

Instead of resurrecting that old thread, I figured I'd start a new one that had better information. :)

I still am having a refresh problem in MJ when using the navigation commands that are activated with the MJ Girder Plugin. For example:

1) Set up MJ to use Girder. (Activate the MJ-Girder plugin, import the v.8 MJ GML into your Girder setup, learn IR commands for the navigation commands in the GML.)

2) Note that the MJ navigation commands in the Girder GML are all "command-based" actions--ie. they use WPARAM & LPARAM values that are targeted at the Media Jukebox Girder plugin.

3) Launch Mj and click in its title bar to make sure the application has focus. (I believe this also happens if the app is minimized....)

4) Use your remote to trigger the MJ navigation commands (Up, Down, Left, Right).

At this point, I don't see anything happening. There are no highlight bars moving around, etc. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, because by simply clicking the title bar to give MJ focus, neither the tree pane nor the list pane (on the right) are actually selected.

5) However, if you then click in the tree pane, and start using the navigation commands via IR, the list view on the right shows the entire Media Library and never changes as I navigate up and down.

If I use the arrow keys on my keyboard, the display updates as I would expect, showing the contents of the various playlists, etc.

If I set the focus to the list pane, the GML commands work as expected. It's only in the tree pane that I see problems.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or can anyone else verify it?

Best,
Brad

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
Girder control issues...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 06:33:19 am »

A combination bump & followup question...

The good folks at the Girder forum said y'all would be better folks to ask another control-related question, so here goes...

My problem is that I'd like to find a way to consistenly issue commands that are only accessible through menus--be they hierarchial or contextual (right-click), or a combination of both.

For example, I'd like to be able to make sure that the playback filters are disabled. To do this with the GUI, I have to click on the Filter button, then navigate some menu levels to choose "Do Not Filter". If I capture this command with the command spy tool in Girder, I get some WPARAM & LPARAM numbers, but the numbers change when I capture them again. Therefore, I cannot use them as a Girder action.

Another example would be to right-click on the playing song, then use the contextual menu to find the album it's associated with & continue playing the rest of that album. Again, I can do this with the GUI, but capturing the commands doesn't seem to get me anywhere.

The girder plugin for MJ allows certain basic functionality with the Windows communication structure, but I can't find any documentation to see if these more advanced commands are operational.

So...what's the best way to go about automating these menu selections? Does anyone have further information about the WPARAM & LPARAM codes for the MJ Girder plugin? (A full list would be nice...)

Even better would be an updated Girder plugin that contains command values for all the MJ commands...(hint, hint....)

Best,
Brad

P.S. The thread at the girder forums can be found at:
http://www.girder.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16726

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Focus/Refresh problem with Girder
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 08:58:26 am »

I think you might be trying to do more than you really can with Girder.  Things like right-click menus are pretty difficult to trigger from an external app like Girder.

However, Hairstyle in MC 9 (now in beta) is designed for remote control.  Everything is menu driven, and it works great with Girder.

And if there are things you'd like to see in Hairstyle, just serve them up at the MC 9 board and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks Brad!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2002, 03:25:55 pm »

I'll try to step up to the challenge, so see my post in the 9.088 thread. I would like to suggest a more widely documented & expanded Girder plugin. Apparently, the program "ZoomPlayer" has garnered respect for total controllability via Girder.

At any rate, if every GUI command had a corresponding messaging parameter in the Girder plugin (& it was documented), you could just point people like me to the documentation page. :)

Best,
Brad

P.S. So nobody else using Girder sees the focus/refresh problem detailed in the top part of the post?

RemyJ

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2002, 03:36:24 pm »

Well, I'm not seeing the same problem because I don't use Girder that way but what you're asking for would certainly help with things like turning DSP functions on and off.  

An alternative (for me anyway) would be to enhance mjextman to control more functions.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up