INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compiled list of MC 10 feature requests  (Read 12019 times)

LisaRCT

Re:Compiled list of MC 10 feature requests
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2003, 10:40:17 am »

Random in 3D-Vizualizations like there is in the 'other' Vizualations.

Adjustable change viz timing in random viz's.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2003, 05:25:48 pm »

Just got a digital camera for Christmas, and of course I was eager to try it out with MC.

It's pretty slick. The only thing I'd like to see changed is the ability to specify an Album name that MC then uses to create a subfolder for that batch of pictures.

Also, the ability to specify an alternative filenaming scheme when importing from the camera, for instance, I'd like to have all of my photos use the Date (Filename Friendly) scheme for filenames.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2003, 08:43:24 am »

DSP:

MC-X should be able to automatically detect tracks encoded in DTS CD format (ie 44.1kHz DTS), and when detected, automatically disable all DSP.  Applying any DSP to DTS CD data corrupts it into noise.

Zones:

The MC-X automation interface should include support for zones.  That is, a function GetPlaybackZone(number nZone) should be included which returns an MJPlayback object that represents the specified zone.  In addition, there should be a way to "listen" for playback changes without having to constantly poll like you have to today.

RavenWing71

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2003, 06:28:20 pm »

[New Feature]
Text Scroller. (If it's in there I havn't seen it yet)

IE: The ablility to have a message scroll over the Visual Display. (Visualisations, Images and maybe Video)  Maybe a panel like the Playing Now that lets you control these and set when and for how long they appear.

[Unsure of category, probably Library]

The ability to assign a specific Visual Display to an audio only file.  

IE: This Balad goes well with Planetarium - Nevermore, so alwase use that visualization when playing this song.  This fast paced song should have Oscilloscope cycle every 10sec.  This song from 9-11 should have this saved slideshow paly instead of a visualization.  I think you get the idea...

Maybe have the ability for the visualization to be picked at the time the song is added to the Playlist...

[Bug Fix]  The Visualization Plugin v1.0.75 used in both MC 9.1 and MC 10.0.24 will not allow you to go back to cycleing visualizations if the display mode is Internal or fulscreen, but does start cycleing again if in Windowed mode.  (Running Windows XP.  Fulscreen is being routed to TV out on a GeForceFX 5200)

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2004, 10:14:19 am »

Please if you don't mind, add these to the list.

1.  Abandon the "active" zone concept for remote TCP/IP control.  I need complete and independent control of the zone for which I am listening to, no matter which zone the console happens to be looking at.  Of particular interest are library and cover art browsing  I know there is already discrete control of playback (pause/play stop etc).

2.  Database synchronization.  This has already been mentioned, but I will restate; I need to be able to synchronize databases between multiple LAN and WAN connected music servers running Media Center.  The streaming "media server" option is not a viable solution for this problem.  I need to have 2 or more instances of Media Center running in a networked environment where both / all systems can simultaneously add tracks to a common database.  Even an option to replicate / merge once a day would be completely acceptable.

3.  YADB lookup is still well below par compared to CDDB, expecially when talking about cover art.  Although not a real show stopper, this makes this otherwise incredible paltform look somewhat hobbyist compared to other solutions.

4.  WAV file tagging.  Uncompressed wav file format continues to be the common denomenator when it comes to sharing full quality files among various  systems. MMJB has done this for years.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2004, 02:41:03 am »

Just a simple one:

make it possible to select the columns you want to be shown by checkboxes.
The way it is now you have to (de)select the columns one by one.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

RavenWing71

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2004, 07:02:47 pm »

[Media Server]

Have Media Center Precache the next file when it is being served from the Media Server.

I am finding that Media Server doen't show that the next file is being downloaded until the playing file in Media Center has finished.  The 1sec that an audio file takes to transfer is acceptable, though not desireable, but it can take as much as 10sec for a Video to transfer, causing an unacceptable delay.  Perhaps it has something to do with tranzitioning from a WMA audio file to a DivX video file...

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2004, 09:37:17 pm »

Image/Get from internet...
This seems to check tracks in no particular order, I couldn't discern any alphabetical or playlist order in the checking... I assumed it would have been in the same order as the playlist?

The effect of this is that if you need to cancel the search for any reason (eg being on a 56k modem/time limited account) you have no idea which tracks have been checked and which haven't (excepting those that actually got an album cover), so the next time you start it has to check them all again.  One could do this in small batches, but this seems an ugly workaround.  (I had planned to select all files up to the last checked one and add them to a 'cover art checked' playlist and exclude this playlist next time.)

Pepper

• Recent member
  • OAP Pepper
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2004, 05:20:18 am »

Removable Drive Name

Please display the label of a removeable drive along side the drive letter for handheld devices in the 'my devices' subtree.

(I haven't missed the option that already lets you do that have I?  ::) )
Visit OAP at www.oldageplaystationers.com
Play online FIFA leagues at www.oapleagues.com

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2004, 04:22:33 pm »

Some requests have been implemented in MC10, many still awaiting...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up