Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License  (Read 965 times)

nila

License
« on: December 11, 2003, 03:23:00 am »

Hi,

Just purchased my upgrade to v10.
Thanks for the deal, was WAY more than I was expecting, I was just hoping for a match of the price we'd have gotten if we'd upgraded through each version so thanks ALOT for that.

Anyway, two points.
Firstly - I made my purchase but at first it said there was an error and when I checked it was because I had not entered my phone number??
Why are we required to give so much personal information to purchase? When I go into a shop I'm not expected to give all my personal details and I'd have thought that online you would just need my payment information again as well? Making phone number compulsory seems a bit unusual?

Second point is that it registered it, displayed the license code on the screen for a second and then the page vanished instantly before I had a chance to right click and chose 'save as'.
Not sure if it was just me this happened with but it might be worth checking.

Thanks again for the more than generous upgrade price. - expect upgrades to all future versions from me too :)
ven if I do whine a bit - the program ROCKS!

Thanks for all the hard work!

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:License
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 03:28:15 am »

Nila...after the upgrade installs onto your pc if you close the top window down the window showing the license screen is underneath it so you can save it.  If not then it shows up in the help about box (the number).  As for the phone number thing it wasn't an issue for me.  I just put in my mobile number...

Can't believe we have just bought into MC10 for less than £8...you guys rock!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

nila

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 03:32:29 am »

Adam,
You were right - it was there in a pop-under.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

I put in my mobile too but I like some privacy in life and prefer not having to give my whole life story and ALL my contact details to buy something in life.

Just thought I'd mention it so they can consider if it's REALLY necessary to REQUIRE that much info off of us in order to buy.

Still shocked by how cheap you finally gave it to us - thanks again!

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 03:34:58 am »

I figured even if they tried ringing my mobile from the US it probably wouldn't work anyway and if it did it would cost a heck of a lot ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

nila

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 03:38:33 am »

lol.
It'd work - I call the US all the time from my mobile and get calls on it from the US.

I even got one girl in the US sending me txt messages to my mobile :)

I just read the page that 'appeared' and it mentioned the pop-under - I feel like a bit of a ditz - I blame the fact I have the flu and a sore head and throat :)

Calling the US is CHEAP - it's cheaper than calling someone in the UK long distance or calling a mobile - I can call the US for 3p a minute from my mobile.

Love your list of features wanted - lol - it's HUGE.

Dont forget to add:  SDK development :)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 03:45:36 am »

It whiled away a few hours of 'work' yesterday!!  I thought I had added the SDK development under Usability/Interface...I'll have a look.  I have some more to add today anyway.  Scott pointed me towards some video requests that were made and there are some more in the turning the tables thread.  I may come to regret taking it on ;D

Adam

nila

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 03:47:48 am »

Nah it's cool.

Just remember to put lines through the ones added :)

It should probably be made sticky along with another thread to discuss the features in so people can say which are most important etc to them.

It's BIG - luckily alot of them are relatively small things so can be done fast - others are ALOT of work thou :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up