INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows ME HELP!  (Read 666 times)

singera

• I'm a llama!
Windows ME HELP!
« on: December 11, 2003, 09:26:51 pm »

Hope not to make this too long winded... sorry.  

I just purchased a 40 gig ipod.  I run windows ME on my desktop and recently retagged all of my music.  When I got the ipod this morning, the ipod software of course would not open.  I attempted to sync with jriver without having formatted the ipod and of course it didn't recognize it.  

I ended up transfering a large chunk of my music to my laptop which runs XP.  I loaded all of the music into itunes and it synced beautifully, except I realized that all the tagging was messed up.  Maybe itunes didn't like the jriver tags.  (I haven't tried downloading jriver to my laptop yet to see if it accepts the tags, but I'm going to.  I'd still prefer to use my desktop.)

Anyway, I then thought that maybe since I had configured the ipod with XP on my laptop, that it might work with jriver on my desktop.  I used jriver to initialize the ipod, which it did and deleted all of the wrongly tagged music, which I was happy about.  I then added some music using jriver and it said it was uploading and it did! However, when I tried to eject using jriver or the eject in my taskbar, it said it was ejecting, but the ipod never recognized that it was ok to remove so I had to remove it while the ipod said the "do not remove" warning.

Next problem, now the ipod says there are only 33 files as I browse, but that there are only 18 gigs left in the "about" menu, of course impossible on a 40 gig ipod.

How do I manually delete the hidden files and what do I do about the fact that it won't eject?

Finally, what's the best approach to using an Ipod with ME?  I am upgrading soon, but can't yet.

Thanks so much to anyone who took the time to read this crazy story.

A
Pages: [1]   Go Up