INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another tag question (date related)  (Read 754 times)

Marko

Another tag question (date related)
« on: December 12, 2003, 02:14:42 am »

MC is currently only saving the calculated [date (year)] field to file. I have ticked the option in tree & view settings asking that MC also save the [date] field.

This is not happening.

Is it possible for MC to use the TDAT field to store the full date? Since we gained the ability to have precise release dates for our albums I've spent a fair ammount of time getting my database up to speed with these dates and would feel a lot more comfortable if the info could also be saved to file. Is there any chance this could be looked into sometime soon?

pretty please :)

-marko.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
Re:Another tag question (date related)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 02:39:59 am »

May it be practical for you to store the date-information in a custom field you did create yourself? No panic, you don't have to enter the data a second time :)

Mirko

Marko

Re:Another tag question (date related)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 02:49:55 am »

May it be practical for you to store the date-information in a custom field you did create yourself? No panic, you don't have to enter the data a second time :)

Mirko

If the jriver crew tell me that it's not possible, now or ever, to be able to have the [date] field saved to file, then this would be the path to take. To me, it would seem far simpler for MC to just save the [date] field. Enter once, then forget about it, rather than having to remember to syncronise 2 fields holding exactly the same data.
Pages: [1]   Go Up