INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable plugin bug  (Read 1888 times)

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Portable plugin bug
« on: November 28, 2003, 11:34:16 am »

Hello folks,

I have troubles after synchronizing my Archos MMJ. The Archos is recognized by Media Centre when it starts up. After synchronizing (works fine), the drive under "CD, DVD & Handhelds" is removed and MC no longer recognizes the Archos as Portable. The only way to get it back is to close down Media Jukebox and launch it again.

Anyone knows about this problem or has a solution? ?

Media Center Registered 9.1.313 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1731 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 246 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive H:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive N:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive H: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Portable plugin bug
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 09:20:15 am »

plopje,

When MC does not recognize the Archos, do you see it in Explorer?

Steve

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 09:44:36 am »

Not to confuse matters, but how does the recognition algorithm work anyway.  I have a OWC Mercury external 80GB HDD that I use with my laptop on the road.  I would like it to appear as a removable drive, so that I can sync files to it for on the road listening.  It doesn't appear in the removable drive list (even though it does from explorer).  Are these types of drives supported?  (The drive has both USB 2.0 and Firewire, no go with either).

Thanks.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 10:37:36 am »

gbdesai,

My best guess is that the drive you have appears to the PC as a fixed drive. We show a number of players of this type by default, but to get your drive to appear, check the volume label and then go to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives->Configure and enter the appropriate Volume Label so MC will report the drive under CD, DVD and Handhelds.

Steve

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 03:10:50 pm »

plopje,

When MC does not recognize the Archos, do you see it in Explorer?

Steve

Yes Steve. After the Archos is "removed" from the CD, DVD & Handhelds-section in MC, it is still visible in Explorer and it also appears as JUKEBOX (P:) under My Computer in MC.
Re-booting the Archos or refreshing MC to bring it back does not help. Only after a restart of MC the Archos is visible again as removable drive.

I also have a removable MO-drive (scsi). It appears in de Handhelds-section as F:. However, this drive stays visible. If I remove and replace the MO-cartridge, I refresh the list (F5) and it shows up again.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 04:26:38 pm »

Plopje,

Can you try going to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives->Configure and enter 'JUKEBOX' in the dialogue box?

Also, after the sync if you collapse the tree and then expand it again does that help?

Steve

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 06:19:56 pm »

Plopje,

Can you try going to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives->Configure and enter 'JUKEBOX' in the dialogue box?

Also, after the sync if you collapse the tree and then expand it again does that help?

Steve

I already changed the label in the handheld-plugin from to "Jukebox". I know that if the label in the plugin options does not match the volume label of the drive it will not show up at all. Collapsing and expanding the tree after a sync doesn't help either. Even after I force MC to analyse the devices again, nothing changes.

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2003, 09:23:58 am »

plopje,

I cannot duplicate your problem and do not have your player to verify if it is a hardware issue. What happens if you drag and drop a few files on the player and transfer? Does the drive still disappear?

Steve

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2003, 03:41:01 pm »

Steve,

No, dragging and dropping files (in Action Window or on Handhelds-icon) and then transfer them works fine. After transferring, the Archos stays visible. Only synchronizing causes the Archos to disappear....

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2003, 10:37:13 am »

plopje,

Your Archos must appear to your PC as a fixed drive. I managed to duplicate and fix this problem and it will be resolved in the next build of MC v 10.

Thanks,

Steve

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2003, 02:06:31 pm »

plopje,

Your Archos must appear to your PC as a fixed drive. I managed to duplicate and fix this problem and it will be resolved in the next build of MC v 10.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, that's great news. However, I have mixed feelings with your announcement that it will be fixed in MC 10. It seems to me that if it is a real problem or bug in release 9, then it also should be fixed in MC9. Since you already found the solution, that woudn't be that difficult, or is it?

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2003, 02:35:03 pm »

plopje,

If you want the fix right away, you will need to get MC 10. If you can wait for a little, we will release an update to 9.1 which will include this fix.

Steve

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2003, 02:53:00 pm »

:D
That is very good news, Steve.
Your level of support is great. Keep up the good work.

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2003, 04:37:25 pm »

Steve,

I noticed the "disappearing" Archos Jukebox-thing was fixed in MC10. Thanks, it works for me now.
However, the fix is not listed in the release comments. Maybe you should, because I think a number of other users had the same problem.

SteveG

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2003, 09:08:59 am »

Thanks. I will include it.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up