INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small suggestion - New entry of a field in pane view  (Read 902 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Small suggestion - New entry of a field in pane view
« on: December 13, 2003, 11:41:20 am »

On the panes, there is an entry "new x" at the bottom of each column, being x the name of the field, for instance, "new album", "new name", etc., that allows to create a new entry in that field.

Since the typography of this entry is exactly the same as the "real" entries of the field, sometimes it could be confusing. May I suggest that this entry is put between parenthesis or [], such as (New Name) or [New Name] instead of the plain New Name as it is now?

As an example, I had a view scheme showing Artist - Album - Name. I clicked on an album thumbnail and got the list of songs of the album in the far right pane as this:

It's You
Help Me
No time to fear
Last way
Hold Me Now
Sometimes
Come On
I fall to pieces
Sunshine
New Name

I honestly thought that New Name was a song of the album... and it is not!  ;D

I think it would be better to see:

It's You
Help Me
No time to fear
Last way
Hold Me Now
Sometimes
Come On
I fall to pieces
Sunshine
[New Name]

Thank you
------

Listening to: 'The Street Only Knew Your Name' from 'The Philosopher's Stone (CD 2 of 2)' by 'Van Morrison' on Media Center 10

dragyn

Re:Small suggestion - New entry of a field in pane view
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 01:25:48 pm »

I preferred it the way it used to be because I too am thinking it's an actual entry.  <New Artist> <All> <Unassigned> etc. However, I really don't like it to be displayed when not in tagging mode (same with the check boxes). I usually have everything set and there is no need for it. To me it's just wasting space.

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Small suggestion - New entry of a field in pane view
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 02:11:36 pm »

I also liked it better at the top of the list instead of the bottom.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up