INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchasing Process not transparent!  (Read 1895 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Purchasing Process not transparent!
« on: December 19, 2003, 05:52:32 am »

Hi J River,

I updated my License to version 10 for U$ 9.99. But I must say I was very irritated about the process. It is something that has never occurred before during any online transaction.

I selected "Buy Media Center" from the Help-Menu. You need to enter your personal address and Credit card number and have to click "Purchase" without any confirmation how much you are going to be charged. You could have easily charged the full price or any deliberate price without knowing and without having any possibility to cancel the purchase if not according to your taste.

Every other online transaction system I have used so far, they ask you to continue after entering credit card information and display a printable receipt  with the items and the price you are going to be charged, so that you can give a final confirmation or cancellation of what you want to buy.

OK, you get a confirmation email afterwards, but I think the process for a customer is irritating and not transparent at all, an extra page confirming the price you are going to charge is really a minimal service that you could offer to your customers.

Sorry for that, but I think this is an important issue!

hankb

• 20 Years with Media Center ;) Thank you JRiver!
Re:Purchasing Process not transparent!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 06:23:06 am »

@Jaguu

I quite agree !

The purchase process is absolut inadequate !  >:(

regards
hankb

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 07:54:42 am »

The price is shown on the web page.

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 08:00:10 am »

At the top of the purchase page where you enter your credit card info there is indeed a price.  For a box with MC9 already registered it indicates 9.98 while a new box with no registration shows 39.98.

I didn't see where there was any question - If I didn't see the upgrade price to confirm I wouldn't have proceeded.

Yes - perhaps a final confirmation listing product, price, and payment method would make many folks more comfortable but I don't know if I would call the current process inadequate.

Just because it doesn't fit the mediocre mold doesn't mean it is inadequate.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 08:05:15 am »

It could definitely be improved.  So could a lot of other things.  We're pedalling as fast as we know how.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 09:01:00 am »

Well, if I did not see the price on the page where I entered my address information, it might be that I was still half asleep. Upgrading to MC10 was the first task I did after my morning coffee this morning ;)

Still, a neat looking billing page, where you see what you are going to buy would be a nice thing for customers.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 09:04:38 am »

It was definitely there when I purchased. I do remember thinking it should be bigger, though.

toniann

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 09:16:16 am »

When I purchased, I heard a song playing "How much is that doggie in the window ... $9.99 ... woof woof" ... NICE TOUCH ... cheers and happy holdiday to all !! ;-)
Bill Gates invented legal dots in middle of words because he was angry with his high school English teacher .. really.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2003, 10:34:17 am »

Well, if I did not see the price on the page where I entered my address information, it might be that I was still half asleep.
You were up until about 4:00 AM last night.  But it looked like it was worth it.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2003, 02:07:03 pm »

Hi JimH,

this is to confirm why I was up until 4.00 am this morning. Bought a new Acer Ferrari 3000 notebook, installed MC9.1, copied 35GB of ape files and artworks images onto it, so that I can show to everybody what one can do with MC9.1

http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=3613

Just imagine opening the red cover and see MC9.1 displaying on the screen. Then I can go to anybody's place, attach my S-Video cable to their TV and display everything on their own TV. Really looking forward to you introducing German translation in MC10, as not everybody over here understands English gibberish, especially the non-techies.

Other reasons for staying up to 4.00 am: Tried to run two separate slide shows on two separate monitors. To my surprise it worked very well, although not really easy to figure out. Handling of that could be improved.

Also a Synchronisation feature to have exact configurations of MC on notebooks or other pc's would be a big winner!

It takes time for you guys to implement all those goodies and sometimes we need plenty of patience, but it also takes time for us to discover them all. Some of them seem to be hidden like precious gems under the rocks.

Keep up the excellent work! Cheers!

Pages: [1]   Go Up