INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please add a Media Center 10 Category to Interact  (Read 1426 times)

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
Please add a Media Center 10 Category to Interact
« on: December 17, 2003, 02:08:41 pm »

Interact is too big and cumbersome these days.  

Please add a Media Center 10 (Beta) Category to interact!

The media center 9 category can then focus on how to use MC and any suggestions/issues/comments about the current released software.

The Media Center 10 category could focus on where MC 10 is going and what should or should not be done to it.

JRiver has made a clear break distinguishing MC9 from MC10.  Interact is a vital component of the software and should reflect that break.  If I were a new MC 9 user I wouldn't want to hear about all these MC 10 ideas floating around.

I made a similar suggestion regarding Interact before and JimH had a good argument against breaking up the board.  His point, and I was convinced by it, was that everyone should share the same info and the 'experts' shouldn't be in one board while all the 'newbies' are asking the questions they need answered in another.

While I still agree with the point, things have changed since then.  MC 10 sounds fairly ambitious and seems a ways off.  The way JRiver is experimenting with new ideas is exciting to Beta testers, but confusing (and annoying?) to those that are not interested.

I started using MC just as 9.1 was coming out so maybe this is normal for those that have been with the product through a few dev cycles.

It seems to me that the worst case would be that the idea doesn't work and the categories are merged back together.....

samarah88

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Bucks!
Re:Please add a Media Center 10 Category to Interact
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 06:34:07 pm »

I'll chime in here as well since I've made earlier posts requesting the same.

I know there is development overlaps that would still require v9/v10 posts however,
there are obvious posts that only pertain to v10.

When I browse through the forum I am typical looking for v10 topics.  Maybe have the v9 forum be a combo forum,  whereas have a strictly v10 forum for issues that only relate to v10.

I am relatively sure there are others out there with the same opinion as mine (regardless of what my wife says).

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 12:51:55 am »

I second the request for separate MC 10 Forum!

nila

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 03:13:39 am »

I agree too  ;D

As a possible idea - if you dont want to create EVEN MORE forums as it'd seperate out everything too much why not merge v8 and v9 as one forum (current releases) and just have a forum that is permenantly for the beta versions (v10).

That way people can get support etc in one forum and follow new developments and bug reports in another?

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 12:53:03 pm »

As a possible idea - if you dont want to create EVEN MORE forums as it'd seperate out everything too much why not merge v8 and v9 as one forum (current releases) and just have a forum that is permenantly for the beta versions (v10).

That way people can get support etc in one forum and follow new developments and bug reports in another?

That seems like a good solution and a very logical next step.  I wouldn't be surprised if the JRiver folks were already planning to do this.

Perhaps it's just another case of the development timeline not fitting in with the wishes of the users.....   ;D

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 04:58:02 pm »

Here's my support for this request.
Would be nice to have eventually a "Beta" forum and a "released" forum.
- Pietro
Pages: [1]   Go Up