INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable Drives Plugin  (Read 799 times)

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Portable Drives Plugin
« on: December 16, 2003, 12:14:40 pm »

OK, I finally figured out that portable drives plugin can rearrange folders and that I could use it to copy music to my USB hard drive preserving the folder structure.    So, I set the plug-in's volume label to match the hard drive's and...no luck.  

After playing with it for a while I realized that the plug-in only recognizes 1 drive this way and since I have a SCSI Zip drive connected as well, it would always take precedence (even if the volume labels don't match).  Disabling the zip drive in the device manager lets the plug-in see and manage the USB drive just fine.

How about allowing the plug-in to manage more than 1 device at a time, or at least an option to choose which one to manage if there's more than 1 available?

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

SteveG

Re:Portable Drives Plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 01:41:34 pm »

The next build of MC 10 will fix this assuming you are looking for drives that appear as fixed drives (non removable).

Steve

RemyJ

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 03:44:12 pm »

The next build of MC 10 will fix this assuming you are looking for drives that appear as fixed drives (non removable).

Steve

Thanks Steve and yes, the USB and Firewire connected hard drives show up as fixed drives, not removables.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

RemyJ

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 11:57:34 am »

Steve,

Doesn't look like the new version made it into 10.0.18.  The plugin version is still 9.0.86 and I have to disable the zip to see the usb drive.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 04:04:08 pm »

RemyJ,

10.0.18 did not include all the latest code. Sorry about that. The next build should resolve it.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up