More > Media Jukebox

Ipaq MP3 Player - Crashes MJ8

(1/3) > >>

cscordo:
I recently downloaded the Ipaq 3.0.14 MJ8 driver for the PA Series MP3 player (directly from the MJ site).  

Now, when  I go in to "CD/DVD/Handhelds" the device label shows up in the tree, but the program crashes when I actually select the device to view its contents.

Upon crashing, I get the "Media Jukebox has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." message.  This happens every time I try to view the device.

I've tried uninstalling the device, rebooting, rebooting with the device still on (read that might fix it somewhere), but still no go.  

My system:
Windows XP Pro w/ MJ8
Compaq PA-2 MP3 Player
Toshiba Portege 4000 (P3 733/768MB RAM/20gig)

If anyone can offer up a potential solution, it would be greatly appreciated.  MJ8 rocks otherwise, I use it for everything. Using it for device management would allow me to finally wipe my 'puter clean of all the other  crap audio apps.

Thanks,
Chris

SteveG:
cscordo,

I do not think the Plug-in will work with the PA-2. We have tested it successfully with the PA-1, but not all Compaq players are based on the code that is supported by the PA-1.

Sorry.

Steve (J River)

cscordo:
I was under the impression it does.  Here's why:

When the device is initially plugged in, XP pops up a message indicating detection of "Compaq PA-2 Audio Device".  But when browsing the device manager, as well as Windows Media Player, the device is seen as a PA-1 audio device.   Additionally,  Compaq points users to PA-1 device updates for this device (for the few updates that exist).  

This leads me to believe that the same codebase is usable for this device as well.  But obviously, it doesn't function correctly, so all points aside:

Does MJ plan on supporting this device? (I'm not sure what the level of effort would be since the previous model is already supported)  

Are there any supported/unsupported workarounds I can try?

Thanks for your time,
Chris

SteveG:
cscordo,

We don't have this player to test so it is hard to come up with a workaround. If you want to pursue this further, email me at steve @ jriver.com and I will create a Plug-in that you can use to help debug this to see if it might work.

Steve

nekura:
Steve, I actually use the plug-in for my PA-2 and for the most part it works fine.  There are some issues that keep me running to MusicMatch (ugh!) to transfer my music that perhaps you could take a look at.  If not, it's not a big deal, I plan on getting an iPod for Christmas anyway, I just would really like to uninstall MusicMatch if at all possible. ;)

The issue I'm having (or should I say, was having, I just realized the plug-in doesn't work with v9) is that it would seem I can't change which card I want to upload to.  For instance, if I place a song in queue that's bigger than the amount of space available in card one, and then try to upload it to card two, Media Jukebox says there's not enough space and then the tree view goes to the Media Library.

By the way cscordo, where can I find updates for the Compaq MP3 player?  Also, I too am running Windows XP so I'm not sure what problem you're encountering with the IPaq plug-in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version