More > Media Jukebox

Ipaq MP3 Player - Crashes MJ8

<< < (2/3) > >>

cscordo:
Nekura,

I found a couple of references to updates (presumably) over at the Compaq community forum.  One example is at the bottom, and is pretty old.

As for just being able to use the PA-2 with XP, I am having some issues (worked fine with Win2k).  It seems that XP sees the device, but won't allow me to do anything with it other than format the media (via Win Media Player).   I have yet to install the MusicMatch crapplication that came on the CD.  From what I understand, it isn't needed for the device to function (besides, XP detected it already).  

Does XP show your device as PA-1 or PA-2 in your Device Manager?

What, if anything, did you install as supporting software for your device? (ie. did you install everything from the included CD, nothing at all, just MM, etc.)

Do you have issues with XP detecting your device correctly?

I appreciate everyone's time-
-Chris

Compaq Update Post
http://communities.compaq.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=121&RPAGEID=135&HOID=5079000000080000008E1F0100&UCATEGORY_0=_225_%24_159_&UCATEGORY_S=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_TIER_0=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_TIER_S=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_0=pa-2+drivers+xp&USEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_S=0

nekura:
Nope, XP has been detecting it fine ever since I started using it.  Under the device manager, it shows up as a PA-1, though the location says Compaq PA-2 Personal Audio Player.  I did install MusicMatch as well as whatever else was on the CD, assuming there actually was something.

SteveG:
Nekura,

I want to try to understand the problem you mention. If you try to transfer a file that is too big and the Plug-in tells you it will not work, at that point do you try to drag and drop the file to the other memory location that does have enough space? If you do this, I think the transfer should go through. Are you requesting that this happen automatically?

Thanks,
Steve

cscordo:
The problem for me is that MJ8 crashes whenever I click on the device to view its contents or try to move a file on to it.

I haven't been able to successfully move a file on or off the device yet using MJ8, nor have I been able to view any files on the device.  As soon as I select the device in the left-hand nav, the application displays an error and shuts down.

I've tried the MMC card from both slots on the device but it doesn't make a difference.  

SteveG:
Nekura,

Could you share with cscordo whatever magical combination of drivers you have installed to get this to work. If you know the relevant file names, can you check the dates and locations of those files and post them.

Thanks,

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version