INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart playlists on TiVo messed up  (Read 2728 times)

tubedogg

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Smart playlists on TiVo messed up
« on: December 20, 2003, 12:43:34 am »

I have a smart playlist of Christmas songs in MC9 using this:
[Genre]=[Christmas] [File Type]=[mp3] ~sort=[Album],[Track #]
It results in 203 tracks from 15 albums.

No matter what I do, the tracks show up on TiVo shuffled. The only way I can get them to show up in the correct order is to drag the results of this smartlist into a static playlist and then select that in TiVo.

Is this by design or is there some way I can "fix" this?

I am using MC9.1.308, with Media Server 1.0.186 on port 8079 with the TiVo Beacon on port 2190.

Also, is there any way I can prevent certain things in a library from being accessed via the TiVo, or is it an all-or-nothing proposition?

TIA!

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:Smart playlists on TiVo messed up
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 09:26:25 am »

I'll take a look at the order problem.

I'm not sure what you want to do about restricting access, but the TiVo has access to your whole library. One alternative is to have separate libraries.

j

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 04:17:41 pm »

Check your "Use TiVo's sort order" option. Mine is checked, and it plays the playlist in the correct order.

j

tubedogg

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 11:02:13 am »

Hi, thanks for the replies. :)

I tried checking Use TiVo's sort order, and that fixes the issue for smart playlists...but if I go into the Media Library folder and go into Artist/Album under Audio and select an artist then an album, the tracks are ordered by name instead of track number.

After I wrote the above I tested to see if the smart playlist was still messed up, and now, with Use TiVo's sort order *unchecked*, it is correctly sorted, as are the tracks in the Artist/Album view. So, this is really weird, cause I'm positive it wasn't working for the smart playlist before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up