INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Issue  (Read 1008 times)

airrich

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
License Issue
« on: December 05, 2002, 12:35:45 pm »

I just installed the MJ 9 beta and put it in a separate directory and did not let it touch the MJ 8 installation I had already working. Now I understand I can upgrade to MJ 9 with an MJ 8 license. However, it appears the install of MJ 9 has reversed my license for MJ 8 and it looks like a 30 day license. Thus I can not do a backup of the license to load it into MJ 9 from MJ 8. I found my original license file, but it is a .rrj file and does not seem acceptable. I am stuck. Can you please tell me how to work around this?

Marko

Re: License Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 06:03:44 pm »

To JRiver...
This liscencing thing ain't 'arf causing it's fair share of problems huh?
I'm sure it would help if folks read a little more, but JRiver could maybe help this process along by sorting the information a little more intuitively.

For example, how about it's own forum or "sticky" thread? "Any liscence problems, post here"
Then all the info would be in one place for those peeps that are willing to read or not sure how to search.

[ Edited Down - Since We Are Not Sure What Type Of License He Has ]

note that after v8.0.388 there is no tv, dvd etc, it becomes "music only" so if you had v.388 and liked the TV, stick where you are, or again, buy v9.

Prolly not what you wanted to hear, and of course, I *could* be wrong. Don't think so though:(
cheers,
-=Marko=-

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: License Issue
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 01:34:26 am »

Marko

>> For example, how about it's own forum or
>> "sticky" thread? "Any liscence problems, post here"

There is one for the license it is sticky and it foes to the FAQ, and if Mr airrich would have clicked on it he would have read that a MJ7 or older license does does not work on MC9

I was going to post this info yesterday but it would have been nice if he posted what version of MJ he did buy. The other point here is JimH already answered Him In Another Thread.

Closing This One now
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up