INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jukebox style plugin  (Read 1997 times)

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
Jukebox style plugin
« on: December 26, 2003, 06:23:47 am »

Like Mastiff I too just realised this should probably go in this forum, rather than the other plugin one :)

Looking at the possibility of a Jukebox style plug-in... reminiscient of ye old coin jukebox - would be great for parties.  
Summary
-----
* Fullscreen, one album each side of the screen, tracks in between.
* Queue tracks one at a time either by clicking or numpad.
* Flip back and forward with large arrows at bottom of screen.
* Coin slot (so you can charge guests! :] )

It would preferably be a fullscreen plugin (otherwise I guess it'd have to be a normal interface plugin), displaying two album covers, one far right and one far left, with the tracks for each in the center left/center right.  One could select individual tracks (only one at a time default - more true to a jukebox, maybe an option for full album/multiple track queueing) by selecting them (queue status indicated by a icon/overlay icon?) or typing an appropriate number into a keypad entry (probably bottom right) as displayed next to each track (this should also let you type the number in with a remote control).  Flip albums back and forth by using two large arrows at the bottom of the screen (left/right keys or remote).  Up/down keys could let you change smartlists/playlists to show the albums from (selectable from a playlist group.. eg everything under 'Jukebox Playlists' would show up in the jukebox).

Ideas on how feasable this is would be great, as I've only just started with MediaCenter...

Kingsparta:
i think that would be more of a skin

A skin... hmm, hadn't considered them.  As far as I've seen so far the skin for Mega-Me doesn't really change anything but appearance (or is the ability there and just not used much?)... so it'd have to be a Mini-Me skin - and would I be able to access the smartlists from there and assemble the dual album view? (skinning seems too limited to me for this, but this is talking from 0 skinning experience) I was thinking the interface plugin would allow me to grab these details and build it all to my rules (eg queue one file at a time), but if a skin works it sounds like it would be easier, just can't see how it would work at the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up