INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AVI Tags  (Read 863 times)

farklem

• I'm a llama!
AVI Tags
« on: December 28, 2003, 08:47:17 pm »

Is it possible to change the tags of AVI files so that they are put into the file.  Say if I wanted to transfere some files to another computer with Media Center and didn't want to have to re-enter the tag info?

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
Re:AVI Tags
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 11:18:37 pm »

I don't believe so, but maybe JRiver will have a different answer.

phatrabt

sraymond

Re:AVI Tags
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 06:25:27 am »

Is it possible to change the tags of AVI files so that they are put into the file.  Say if I wanted to transfere some files to another computer with Media Center and didn't want to have to re-enter the tag info?

If it isn't possible (I never noticed before, but it seems that it doesn't work for AVIs - though it does for images), there's an easy way to do what you want.

Export all the desired files as an MPL.  You can use scott_r.'s "MC XML Export" to do this (it allows more control than the MC's built-in "File -> Export Playlist").  It's available from the thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=16966.

You can then change the filename by doing a search/replace in the exported MPL.  Once the MPL matches the files on the other computer, simply "import" the MPL from within MC and you'll have all your tags back.

Make sense?

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up