INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monkey's 3.98 Alpha + Media Jukebox 8 Plugin  (Read 1507 times)

DChris

• Change this by choosing profile
Monkey's 3.98 Alpha + Media Jukebox 8 Plugin
« on: March 14, 2004, 10:23:43 pm »

I use (and love) Media Jukebox v.8.0 to play all the APE files that I rip (using EAC) and compress with Monkey's Audio.  I recently upgraded MAC to version 3.98 Alpha (Hey...it's been in Alpha for a year, so I am thinking it is stable  ;D )  After ripping/compressing another 100 or so CD's I figured I would play some tunes in Media Jukebox.  Hmmm...I found out real quick that MJ v.8 doesn't play APE files encoded with MAC 3.98...or does it?  Well, while Media Center looks great - I have no use at all for the new features.  I went to the Plug-in's page on JRiver's site...but no dice.  There does not appear to be a plug-in for MAC 3.98.  Then it dawned on me...I was prompted to install that WinAMP plugin when I installed MAC 3.98.  Well, I don't have WinAMP - but hey, it created the C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins directory structure for me and kindly added the in_APE.dll plugin.  With nothing to loose I tried to import this into Media Jukebox 9.0 - and BANG! My Media Jukebox v.8.0 is now playing APE files compressed with Monkeys Audio 3.98!  I have not had time to do any testing to see how accurately this works - but it is at least working.

I would love to hear some feedback on if this setup plays APE files accurately or not....

--DC

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Monkey's 3.98 Alpha + Media Jukebox 8 Plugin
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:00:50 pm »

3.98A introduced APE2 tags...if there is any incompatibility it would be that. Matt (of JRiver) is the Monkey author.
Pages: [1]   Go Up