INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie file help  (Read 1961 times)

alancc

• I'm a llama!
Newbie file help
« on: January 04, 2004, 10:52:20 am »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have searched through the help files and forum to no avail.
I have a collection of vinyl rips saved as .wav files, I have changed the directories and file names as follows Artist\Album Track No - Name - Genre.
When these are displayed in the Content Pane only the Name is displayed as track no - name - genre, why does MC not display the information from the file name in the correct places.
I have set up the Fill Properties fron Filename correctly.
Also how would I link cover art to a .wav file.

LisaRCT

Re:Newbie file help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 01:50:35 pm »

If you have setup the parameters properly in 'Fill properties from file name', then it should work properly . . . .  as long as the file names all have the format you described to MC.

If you already have improper tags in those places and MC is not replacing them with 'Fill properties from filename', then you may need to remove those improper entries from the fields you wish MC to fill in from the filename and try again.

alancc

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 04:48:05 pm »

:) Found the problem, I was using the top menu bar to select the Fill Properties, when I done it by right clicking the file name it worked.

Any ideas about linking the cover art with the file name?

Thanks

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 07:43:22 am »

:) Found the problem, I was using the top menu bar to select the Fill Properties, when I done it by right clicking the file name it worked.

Any ideas about linking the cover art with the file name?

Thanks

Sorry, I can't help you there as I do not have any WAV files in my library.  Can't they be treated like other file-types regarding cover art?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 12:37:16 pm »

Although wav's are a container format, and could store other things in them other than music data, in practice....you can't. You should look into converting those wav's into another lossless format...such as ape or flac. They DO support tags/images/metadata. You'll also save ~ 1/2 the disk space your using now with NO loss in quality.

10-27

alancc

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 02:06:01 pm »

Thanks for the advice what would be a good program to convert the wav's to ape or flac?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 03:54:51 pm »

You might as well use MC for the conversion...and use the ape format since it is directly supported by MC (not so with flac at this point in time). You'll use the Convert Format menu item under Tools. You may also want to uncheck the "Delete wav file after conversion" (or something to that effect) somewhere under encoding options.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up