INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Separate ape and apl For Import  (Read 831 times)

Mad_Chemist

Please Separate ape and apl For Import
« on: December 31, 2003, 06:37:02 pm »

Can we please get separate check boxes for apl and ape files?  I don't want any ape files in my library. I have views that are supposed to block out apes but a few still get in there for some reason. My main concern is that when I do some mass tagging, the ape tags will get updated. I have 2 pcs that are synced up and I end up having to sync gigs worth of ape files.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re:Please Separate ape and apl For Import
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 08:09:15 pm »

Well, you can always just remove the APEs from your library...

But I agree. Some seperation would be nice.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 10:03:04 am »

Excuse my ignorance, but what's an APL file?  Some new development compared to APE that I haven't heard about?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 10:43:11 am »

Basically, an APL file is a pointer to a section of an APE file.

You can rip an entire album to a single APE file using EAC. At the same time it will generate a CUE sheet, which is just a file that contains information about where each track begins and ends within that APE file.

Then you can use the MakeAPL utility that comes with Monkey's Audio, and let it create seperate APL files, one for each track.

So when you're done, you have one big APE file and a bunch of small APL files. MC treats the APLs the same way it does APEs.

According to Matt (the creator of Monkey's Audio), there's no benefit to ripping a CD as individual APEs or going the APE+APL route. Some of us just prefer to go the APL route.
Pages: [1]   Go Up