INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does J River read this forum?  (Read 3885 times)

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Does J River read this forum?
« on: January 01, 2004, 09:58:06 am »

All I see here are questions *to* J River, no replies *from* J River.  There's a very big contrast between the participation of J River in this forum and the "MC9" forum.  Why is that?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Does J River read this forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 11:02:22 am »

They read it, But they normaly do not reply in this and the 3rd party forum
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 02:11:37 pm »

But why don't they answer is the question.

Are they ignoring us on purpose?
Do they feel that we deserve less support than those who use other parts of their product?
Do they feel we shouldn't get support at all?

Often I have posted then waited for days before giving up and posted a message in the MC9 forum.   Only then was the question answered.

Clarification is in order I think.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 11:10:15 pm »

You might want to post the above in the MC9 forum just to make sure they see it :)

Scott.

ps. Yes, it's frustrating as hell.

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 08:30:04 am »

I would really hope they'd make some space for this forum's needs in spite of their workload.
You folks contribute ALOT towards making MC more user friendly, more usable, more feature-rich, etc.
Well, even if they don't seem to show it by the lack of attentiveness, I/we the users do appreciate all the hard work you folks do on plugins and skins.

Please keep up the good work in spite of the difficulties caused you by an apparent lack of support from the JRiver folks.

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 07:48:02 am »

I would really hope they'd make some space for this forum's needs in spite of their workload.
You folks contribute ALOT towards making MC more user friendly, more usable, more feature-rich, etc.
Well, even if they don't seem to show it by the lack of attentiveness, I/we the users do appreciate all the hard work you folks do on plugins and skins.

Please keep up the good work in spite of the difficulties caused you by an apparent lack of support from the JRiver folks.

Here Here!!
-

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 10:36:53 am »

The problem is that there is functionality we simply cannot write in our plug-ins if the SDK does not support it.  No amount of code on my side can substitute for the fact that the SDK does not support fully independent zones, for example.

If you care about this issue, please feel free to bump my post in the MC9 forum: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=18111 - so far I haven't gotten a reply in there (ironic, eh?)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 08:50:20 am »

But why don't they answer is the question.
It takes time that we don't have.  Most questions are about how to do something.  We hope that other developers will step in and help.
Are they ignoring us on purpose?
No.
Do they feel that we deserve less support than those who use other parts of their product?
Most of the support for development will need to come from those of you who want to share your knowledge.  
Do they feel we shouldn't get support at all?
No.

Often I have posted then waited for days before giving up and posted a message in the MC9 forum.   Only then was the question answered.
Sorry, but we don't always read or answer every post.  It just isn't possible to get to every single post.

The posts we will try to give high priority to are those that involve a true bug (not just a shortcoming) and those that involve a suggestion for a feature that is commonly needed.

We are under a lot of time pressure right now.  We're wrapping up work that began months ago and so we're particularly short of time now.  I hope you will understand.

We do appreciate the work you've done and we hope to continue to provide better tools for future work.  

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 06:14:14 pm »

Thanks, Jim, the response is really appreciated.

There's just one more issue though: We need to know whether or not the SDK is going to be developed further - for instance, implementing the changes and bug-fixes in this thread as well as making further additions to the SDK? Or, is the SDK going to be flagged as something JRiver just doesn't have time for? This information would be truly helpful.

Thanks for the reply,

Scott.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 01:52:33 pm »

I second Scott's big thank-you to Jim for replying.  I believe he meant to post a link to this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=18140

Note: that thread is locked and does not include my request for fully independent zone control.  I sent a PM to try and get it added to that thread, so the list is complete, but so far it hasn't happened.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 02:24:36 pm »

We'll continue to work on the SDK, but I can't say when or what will we'll do.

We're nearing the end of a big project that has required a lot of work on user interface issues.  It's meant that fewer new capabilities were added.  

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 03:56:05 am »

Well that gives me some hope, at least.  Jim - we appreciate anything you can do, whenever you can do it.

Can whoever has the ability to unlock the "SDK requests for J River" thread please unlock it and add my request for fully independent zone control - thanks.  That way when J River's developers get some time, they only have one place to look.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 04:26:03 am »

Give me a thread where you have explained what you want and I'll add it.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 04:47:38 am »

I don't know how to post a link to a post (as opposed to a thread), so I'll just repeat it here:

The MC automation interface should include support for zones.  That is, a function GetPlaybackZone(number nZone) should be included which returns an MJPlayback object that represents the specified zone.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2004, 01:57:28 am »

I see you did it now - thanks.  It would be great if that thread could be stapled to the top of this forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up