INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: computer hell  (Read 1362 times)

akaloka

computer hell
« on: January 02, 2004, 06:25:31 am »

I had to use my recovery disks b/c my system crashed.  This was after I bought MC.  Now I have two problems......

I don't have my registration number

Downloaded the "trial version" of 9.1 and have been trying to use it but now when I try to burn a cd, it gives me a message saying power on, system restart or somethingnerother start"  then each of the files I tried to burn on 44 mb of info transfers to the cd.

HELP?
Spread Aloha not viruses. Scan your files and wear a condom. Fight nicely, eat your veggies, read a good poem, and don't run with scissors.

wickesy

Re:computer hell
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 06:40:06 am »

Your first problem can be solved by going to this page https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi and using the option to have your Registration Code e-mailed to you.  You can then go back to the same page, enter your Reg Code and get a licence to install.

Sorry, can't help with the second problem.

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 10:51:08 am »

Your burn problem MAY resolve itself with the license restore.
If not, then it is most likely in your settings or drivers, which may need to be updated due to the restore you performed.
Check for updated drivers for your CD burner and if using VIA 4 in 1 drivers they definately need an update.
Let us know how you make out.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 01:42:54 pm »

from akaloka:
-----
OK I got the reg number issue fixed but the burn issue is still here.  The exact message is "power on, reset, or bus device reset occured."

Any ideas?

-----

loka,
Moved your ...Revisited here (and killed the original) so that others can see the circumstances behind your problem. Post your sys info from MC>Help>System Info.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up