INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about writing an MC plug-in  (Read 2416 times)

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Question about writing an MC plug-in
« on: January 02, 2004, 06:54:58 am »

I have posted a few questions over on the "Plug-in development" forum, but it seems J River doesn't read that forum (or at least don't post there).  Shall I re-post the questions in this forum?  The basic problem is that there doesn't appear to be any real support for zones in the SDK.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Question about writing an MC plug-in
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 08:54:34 am »

It would be nice to add more but you're correct that SDK support for zones is lacking at this time.

You can try using MCC messages to accomplish some tasks.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 01:51:18 pm »

Thanks very much for your reply, Jim - it is greatly appreciated.

I'd be more than happy to use the messaging interface - I looked at it, and it provides some support for zones, which is great.  The problem is that it currently requires that you change the "current zone" (at the console), then wait some time for the change to take place, before making a change to that zone.  If someone is sitting at the PC trying to use MC, they will get quite a shock in that case as the current zone changes in front of their eyes.

What I and many others are after is the ability to change (and preferably query) what's happening within each zone independently.  That is, to be able to go to the next track within zone 2 even if the console is currently set to zone 1, without interfering with the console.

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 12:19:33 am »

I'm not sure if it's applicable... but have you checked the Girder config file?  It has independent zone control (IE next track in zone 2 whilst keeping the program whereever it is) using windows messages.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 01:54:52 am »

Yes, I checked it, but I didn't see anything like that.  Are you sure?  Maybe I was looking at an old version?  Can someone post a the latest version (or a link to it)?

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 02:00:08 am »

Well, duh - now I looked in the "DevZone" again, and according to that doc, the Windows message interface definitely has full support for independent zones.  How did I miss that!?

This absolutely looks like the way to go for me.  Has anyone here used this functionality?

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 07:21:09 pm »

I've used them via Girder and they work fine :) (I imagine they should work just as fine from anywhere else)

Yes, I checked it, but I didn't see anything like that.  Are you sure?  Maybe I was looking at an old version?  Can someone post a the latest version (or a link to it)?

Hmm... I'm sure they've been in there since v 9.1 at the very least....
When you import the group into girder you get a folder titled "Media Center 9 (build 131)"... the zone stuff is under "WMessage Commands"\"Zone 0-Direct Playback Cmds" (& Zone 1/2/3/4/5, they're all right at the end of "WMessage Commands"... if you don't see them, maybe you've deleted them earlier?  Try re-importing the Girder group.
Pages: [1]   Go Up