INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burn CDs - Alphabetical order only  (Read 863 times)

bderek

• Recent member
  • -
Burn CDs - Alphabetical order only
« on: January 02, 2004, 04:06:23 pm »

I have a registered version of 10.0.27 and am burning data CD's from a playlist of mp3 files, but once written the order on the CD is always in alphabetical order.

I have tried this with files written in a root directory and also in folders, but the result is the same.  To get the files written in folders, in the Burn menu I selected Options and CD/DVD Foldering Name and selected Artists.

I don't understand why the order is being changed from what's in the Playlist and also the order that shows up in Show List from the Burn Menu.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.  Thanks.

I have Win98SE, with a Ricoh 7060 burner.

bderek

• Recent member
  • -
Re:Burn CDs - Alphabetical order only
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 07:47:17 pm »

Found the solution.  To clarify,  MediaCenter is writing to the CD in the order indicated when Show List is revealed - it is the playback from devices not on my computer (car CD player, Sony Walkman) that are playing by alphabetical order, first by file folder and then by filename within a folder.

To retain the order seen in Media Center, one can go to Options in the burn menu, select CD/DVD filenames  and check the prefix filename with the list order.  The car CD player or other portable player then sees for example  01 - Song1.mp3  02 - Song2.mp3 etc.

Feeling rather foolish answering my own question, but for those who have run into the same issue, the above is a "how to".  The prefix option is a very nice feature of MediaCenter!
Pages: [1]   Go Up