INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do You Want to See Your Library in New Ways? Do It Now!  (Read 11679 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Do You Want to See Your Library in New Ways? Do It Now!
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2004, 12:03:12 pm »

Many thanks Scott...works well.

i guess the simplest way is to create a batch file that will do the reqd transforms.

i wonder if there is a way to do this from the lauch app portion of MCXML export ?

If I wanted to change where the 'Gold', 'Silver', and 'Bronze' divisions fall would I change this section of PresentAlbumRatings.xsl

Just curious what would your divisions look like....wickesy ?

wickesy

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2004, 12:23:22 pm »

Yep, that is working how I want it now.  That will keep me eating for tonight but I might need another fishing lesson at some point  ;)

sraymond

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2004, 12:28:44 pm »

Many thanks Scott...works well.

i guess the simplest way is to create a batch file that will do the reqd transforms.

i wonder if there is a way to do this from the lauch app portion of MCXML export ?

If you're referring to creating saved HTML, then yes, you can easily create a batch file to do it.  You can even use the "append output filename" with a batch file and then access it as a parameter (%1).  Combined with MSXSL.EXE in the same directory, you'll still have "one-click" creation.

Call a batch file like:
Code: [Select]
msxsl.exe %1 PresentAlbumRatings.xsl -o AlbumRatings.html
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" AlbumRatings.html
This won't work because iexpore doesn't seem to like with the relative path.  Maybe I've overlooking something silly, but if not, maybe you can write us a batch file that will get the current directory and create an absolute reference.

Scott-

sraymond

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2004, 12:29:33 pm »

Yep, that is working how I want it now.  That will keep me eating for tonight but I might need another fishing lesson at some point  ;)

Buon digestione!

Scott-

wickesy

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2004, 01:04:18 pm »

Just curious what would your divisions look like....wickesy ?

Not how I thought they would when I asked the question.  I found originally that there were too many albums in the Gold section so I changed it to only those with an album rating of 5.  Of course now I don't have any in the Gold section  ::)  I need to do some playing around but I think the Gold section will be from around 4.1 upwards, Silver as the main section starting at around 3.5 and Bronze anything underneath.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2004, 03:21:51 pm »

ok here's how i did it with batch files.

1 - copy msxsl.exe to c:\windows\system32 dir this allows it to be called from a batch file.

2 - Modify the foll. lines in AlbumRatings.config.xml to what is shown below

<ApplyXSLTransformation checked="false">AlbumRatings\AlbumRatings.xsl</ApplyXSLTransformation>

and

<LaunchOutput checked="true" action="usespecifiedapp" appendoutputfilename="false">"C:\Program Files\Scott Raynel Software\MC XML Export\AlbumRatings\AlbumRatings.bat"</LaunchOutput>

3 - create a batch file that lives in the AlbumRatings dir.

set p=C:\Program Files\Scott Raynel Software\MC XML Export\AlbumRatings\
msxsl.exe "%p%AlbumRatingsMPL.xml" "%p%AlbumRatings.xsl" -o "%p%AlbumRatingsData.xml"
msxsl.exe "%p%AlbumRatingsData.xml" "%p%PresentAlbumRatings.xsl" -o "%p%AlbumRatings.html"
"c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" "%p%AlbumRatings.html"

i tried the above for Nolo's preset as well as XAlbum. Its possible to use the faster msxsl utility ( in my case) than what is native with the plugin.

sraymond

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2004, 12:16:35 am »

The AlbumRating HTML version is now on the website http://pages.sbcglobal.net/scottraymond/Presets.htm.  If anyone wants to go the batch file route (in order to save the resultant HTML or perhaps get better performance), follow hit_hy's directions above, or let me know and I'll package it.

Scott-
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up