INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks to iPodians  (Read 940 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Thanks to iPodians
« on: December 03, 2002, 02:49:34 pm »

I don't know whether it was Kurt or Phil or LarryJoe who made it happen.  It's all a blur now.

But a big THANKS to the guys who've started talking about MJ/MC and our hero, Steve Grove, over on www.ipodlounge.com.

There's more in the iPod tHread.

Thanks, 'podders.  It makes a huge difference here when people talk about what we're doing on other sites.  We owe you.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
Re: Thanks to iPodians
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 08:42:12 pm »

And here's to you, sir, and your crew.  It's easy to evangelize about something as good as MJ.

On the topic, I've got a question for Steve and one for you, Jim.

Steve-sama,  When people ask (and they will) about using the plugin with MJ8, what do I tell 'em?  I had been getting the impression that the plugin is largely dependant on features in MC9.  Does it work on v8?  Should I suggest they try v9 instead?

Jim-sama,  It's come up before, but I didn't say anything.  But it'll come up again, and I just want to know.  I've often credited y'all as being one of the "inventors" of smartlists, or at least one of the first main programs to use them.  Which build, and in what month/year were smartlists first used in MJ?  Had you seen them in use prior to this, or did someone just have a great idea one day?  If so, who's that someone?  Again, it's just trivia, but I've always wondered.

Cheers, guys.  Here's to the breezes!

mjextman.exe /ipodsync

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 04:40:28 am »

Kurt,

In regards to MJ v 8, the iPod Plug-in will work, but Synchronization will not. Since this seems to be an incredibly important feature for iPodians, I would recommend 9 exclusively.

Thanks,

Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 09:04:06 am »

I've often credited y'all as being one of the "inventors" of smartlists, or at least one of the first main programs to use them.  Which build, and in what month/year were smartlists first used in MJ?  Had you seen them in use prior to this, or did someone just have a great idea one day?  If so, who's that someone?  Again, it's just trivia, but I've always wondered.

We invented them.  Here's our press release from 1999, where we mention them in the fifth paragraph:

http://www.musicex.com/press/press7.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up