INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.28 beta available  (Read 11646 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.28 beta available
« on: January 05, 2004, 05:25:26 pm »

Media Center 10.0.28 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10028.exe

10.0.28 (1/5/04)

1. Fixed: MC could be slower than necessary with the Action Window home page showing.
2. Changed: Hairstyle shows "Starting playback..." message when it's busy starting playback.
3. Changed: Hairstyle auto-hide only runs when Play (replace) is hit. (instead of on Enqueue and other commands)
4. Changed: Hairstyle no longer allows keystrokes to get built-up while it's starting playback.
5. Fixed: After returning from Hairstyle, some playback types would not be shown. (DVD, image playback, etc.)
6. Fixed: After a playback error, MC would sometimes not fall back to a stopped state.
7. Fixed: MC would crash when trying to access a freshly created database field.
8. Fixed: Tag Info Action Window page would not update right away after in-place editing.
9. Fixed: Tag Info Action Window page would not always auto-size properly when switching views.
10. Fixed: After dropping an external playlist into MC, it would not show up in the tree until a refresh.
11. Fixed: When applying a filter to Playing Now and removing all files, playback would stop and all files (instead of selected) would be removed.
12. Changed: Added cut (ctrl+x) and delete to the search control and added support for right-hand shortcuts. (ctrl+insert, etc.)
13. Fixed: Sorting by the sequence column would not work properly.
14. Changed: Updated "Customize View" system.

10.0.27 (12/31/03)

1. Fixed: In field lists, MC would sort by internal name instead of display name. (applies to several places)
2. Fixed: View Settings dialog didn't work properly with renamed fields.
3. Fixed: Upgrading large MJ 8 libraries could be slower than necessary.
4. Changed: Display name of grouped fields includes "(grouped)" at the end.
5. Changed: A few speed improvements to the database / view system.
6. NEW: Introduced experimental database caching system -- helps performance in many scenarios.
7. Fixed: Convert Format tool did not work from My Computer.

10.0.26 (12/30/03)

1. Fixed: Renaming data burn folders did not work properly.
2. Fixed: MC would not import ID3v1.1 comments.
3. Changed: Removed "Update Library (from tags -- if changes detected)."
4. NEW: MC fully supports reading / writing of Unicode (UTF-16) ID3v2 tags on MP3s.
5. Changed: Pane in-place editing allowed without picking files below. (applies to all visible files)
6. NEW: Added new "Customize View..." dialog to List Style menu. (still a work in progress)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
Re:Media Center 10.0.28 beta available
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 05:28:53 pm »

Woo! :)  May I be the first to congratulate you on this build.. AWTIW :) fixed... and there's right-handed cut & paste to boot!! :D Hope you're having/had a great holiday :)

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 05:43:26 pm »

Hairstyle shows "Starting playback..." message when it's busy starting playback.

I like that.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 06:21:17 pm »

Hairstyle shows "Starting playback..." message when it's busy starting playback.

It's wife inspired.  It was originally going to say "Brooke, stop pushing buttons until this is gone" but it didn't all fit :P
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 07:29:58 pm »

After playing around with it, Here are my issues...

-. Whenever you navigate from track to track, the Handheld icon in AW flashes.
-. PARTY MODE:  If your in PM and you turn off MC and then turn it back on, PM is not on... ... Would like to see absolutley no changes allowed in Party mode, Not even temperary... Or maybe an option.
-. Is there a function that clears playing now on exit? If not, can this be added?
-. I took a look at Winamp 5, you may want to take a look to see how they have there eq on the player. MC would benefit to that!
-. When scrolling everything blurs for a second.. Kinda annoying.
-. The SEARCH bar, this really is tooo small and in the wrong place.... Any chance that this can be moved back, or at least adjustable on the user side?
-. When you turn on MC, it would be nice if a screen came up asking you what library you wanted...
-. Would be nice if we could load songs into the Database from our handheld, and work like a HD... Play music back through MC while keeping the file on the handheld.
-. When you first select a track, (for the first time) it takes about 10 seconds and then goes to Buffering... This only happens with the first track.
-. I took a look at the burning part of MC and it really is cool, The only thing I would like to see changed is the ability to change the drive and wether it is a Audio or Data cd after the initial choice. I picked the wrong drive and had to start over, then picked the right dive but left it on Audio instead of Data... Took 3 tries, but I made my disk.
-. If you edit a view scheme or press f5 to refresh, You go back to Media Library... This is really annoying.

-

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 08:32:23 pm »

Matt,
   I like to use F11 or my remote to toggle between screen modes.  Any chance that we will see Hairstyle return to the active view instead of the Hairstyle Menu page?  Please, please.

dragyn

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 08:53:43 pm »

Disk Location is showing "Unassigned" in Panes and Tree.
Lots of flickering when typing in View Scheme & View Settings Properties.
Columns don't get added when in Thumbnail Mode (Same Columns in Current View).

rocketsauce

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2004, 08:58:09 pm »

Re: two smartlist rules/view scheme bugs discussed in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=18151

I completely uninstalled v10.0.27, installed v10.0.28 and recreated library from scratch (instead of importing a backup library).

The bug with the random time limited smartlist/view schemes has gone away.

The bug with with the artist/artist (related) smartlists and view schemes is still present.

Rob

EDIT
The bug with the random time limited smartlist/view schemes has gone away.

Actually, this isn't fixed. I've posted details in the thread linked above.

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2004, 10:17:00 pm »

Bugs:
1. Stil all the same bugs I reported in 10.0.27 thread .

2. The Preset button on the Customize View dialog needs "..." (like "Preset...").  I was afraid to try them as I wasn't sure what was going to happen next when I pressed it.  "..." is the standard for indicating some other choices will be shown when you select/click this option/button.

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 12:05:04 am »

Speed and other things look great.

But, I still can't install the sleep timer plug-in.

I get some error like "can't install package" and then a hard drive path to the .ZIP file and a URL to a .ZIP file.

I once tried to install an older version of media center 9 and it still woul not work.

It might be some external problem not related to the current build.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2004, 01:24:39 am »

Changing the font-size in Hairstyle doesn't update the display until you change the current page.
Also, what is the "Auto-hide" option for in the Configure Hairstyle dialog?
You might want to consider some informative tooltips or something.

Scott.

Keyth_Owen

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2004, 01:37:48 am »

I have a request.  Could you possibly change the title for the "Date (year)" column to something a little shorter, like just "Year" perhaps?  Is there a way for us to alter the column names ourselves?

The reason I ask, is because I like a nice slimmed-down look to my library, and ever since you changed it to "Date (year)" it's required me to either have a column that's much larger than the actual information in that field (it's 4-digits fitting into an 11-digit wide column), or shorten the column myself so it ends up just saying "Da..." which is hardly streamlined or attractive.

I can't imagine any reason why I'd want a column named "Date (year)" instead of just "Year" or "©" or something else that's short and simple.

Otherwise, I love all the other changes!  Great work guys!

NoCodeUK

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2004, 03:09:54 am »

Not tried 10.0.28 yet but certainly up to yesterday with 10.0.27 the right click options in explorer were not working.  Replace & Play was opening MC but then Playing Now was staying as it had been on last shutdown.  I do have startup set to show Audio expanded rather than Playing Now.  Don't know if this is the issue but if it is then I guess its a bug...

Thanks for all the other fixes...I will download tonight to check things out.  Also thanks for allowing NULL View schemes again.  Makes HS look a lot cleaner...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ferran9

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2004, 05:39:57 am »

Fantastic build

Just one issue:
Can we get the search back as it use to be or just to make it a little bit bigger? it was the best feature for me in the MC9 version. Yes the GUI is much better but I don't want to scroll here and there to find what I want.

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2004, 06:38:22 am »

I have had an issue with Hairstyle going back to the first 10.0 builds.

If I hit play on an album, it also enques every album from that artist.  

It will enque all the files one level up from wherever you hit play.  

Does anyone else see this?  I do not want it to do this, is it intentional?

Also, will you guys add the time elapsed to hairstyle or is this not in the plans?

thanks - build seems fast so far!

V-Man

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 08:20:54 am »

2. The Preset button on the Customize View dialog needs "..." (like "Preset...").  I was afraid to try them as I wasn't sure what was going to happen next when I pressed it.  "..." is the standard for indicating some other choices will be shown when you select/click this option/button.

Or rather a small downward-pointing arrow which more commonly indicates a menu or other list will drop-down. The ... convention normally indicates another dialog box will appear.

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2004, 08:26:02 am »

I have recently been adding album art to my mp3, storing them in the file to keep my directories tidy. Since I have had cover art in the files, when I import media I get violent flashing on my desktop. I beleive this is something to do with the art in the mp3s.
When adding a smartlist modifier the album, artist fields take a long time to populate (about 3 mins) and do the same flashing thing, and I cannot do anything with my computer in this time.
I'm not sure how long this has been like this is as I have just added art to my files.

Cheers
Rich

Media Center Registered 10.0.28 -- D:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3288 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 492 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive L:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive M:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:44  MaxSpeed:44  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2004, 10:30:50 am »

It's the new year!  Time to get back to bugging MC10.

• New - Date Opened: 2004/01/06  v10.0.28  Priority: High
    TV Tuner Causes Hang
    Hauppauge WinTV with 848 Chipset causes MC10 to hang when initially starting to play a channel.  Audio comes in fine (via Line In on my soundcard).  Card works with Hauppuage's software.  It worked briefly with v10.0.27.

• New - Date Opened: 2004/01/06  v10.0.28  Priority: Low
    Play Buttons/Volume Slider
    When adjusting the volume by dragging the slider with the mouse, the play action buttons can be activated if the pointer happens to be over them when you let go.  The buttons highlight gray (in the PixOS theme) showing that they've been pressed rather than highlighting blue as they do in a simple mouseover.  

---
    By the way, just to be certain, I've already re-installed the latest drivers from Hauppauge.
Toast goes in the toaster.

LisaRCT

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2004, 12:42:19 pm »

'Rename Files From Properties' bug??

When I import files I always retag them to my format, rename them (moving them to the 'Artist' folder, and update the file's tags.

I have noticed that MC no longer notifies me of another file with the same name (it used to ask if I wanted to replace the old file with the new one ala windows), but now it simply names the file the same with a '(1)' after the name.   :(

I do not know when this actually changed.

This has led to an increase in the occurrance of duplicates in my library unnecessarily as I do not see this during my import/rename process as I used to in past versions.

Please restore MC to it's previous behavior in this regard.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2004, 12:54:40 pm »

I have noticed that MC no longer notifies me of another file with the same name (it used to ask if I wanted to replace the old file with the new one ala windows), but now it simply names the file the same with a '(1)' after the name.  

These files may be read only.  Check the properties.  This sometimes happens when you copy files from a CD.  It's a Windows issue.

LisaRCT

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2004, 12:57:36 pm »

'Shift-Delete' no longer working from the PlayingNow window . . . .
However 'Shift' in combination with 'Right-click-->>Delete' Does work   ?

smegmi

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello, greetings from Germany..!
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2004, 02:21:58 pm »

Hi from Germany....
here is my wish for 2004 , please make a multilanguage Tool in Media Center in Version 10.0 available....This were great !!!!

This Programm is so great and many People here would use this programm , but the language Problem...:-)))

Greatings from Hamburg in Germany
Have a good and nice Year 2004

smegmi
sorry for my english !

jleerigby

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2004, 02:52:56 pm »

I have had an issue with Hairstyle going back to the first 10.0 builds.

If I hit play on an album, it also enques every album from that artist.  

I was just about to post the same thing.  If you select an artist/album view scheme and navigate to the list of albums by an artist, select one and press play (i.e. the mjextman command for play/pause - 10000) MC plays all albums in view.  

The mjextman command for Play (10001) doesn't work either - this just plays whatever is in playing now.

Incidentally, shouldn't this feature actually be applied to the Play command rather than Play/Pause?  Otherwise whenever you attempt to pause a track that's currently playing you will inadvertently wipe out your playing now list and replace it with the current selection. :(

ozziestu

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2004, 04:02:10 pm »

Hi - new member here - go easy on me

Have used MC since v8 and am very pleased with it BUT my only gripe is the size of the search bar. My suggestion would be either change it back to the old wide state OR make it dockable. Whichever, at present it is a pain.

Keep up the great work - it's appreciated.

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2004, 06:08:45 pm »

Getting a error message that said (Can't create plug in) when burning a cd them media center crashes a show a error report. Can anyone help me with this problem. Mostly a-kerr when burning CD's but I've seen it also burning a data cd after it finished . But trying a audio cd it'll stop half at the end so I end up wasteing a blank cd. Please help or give me some tip's on what I can try.

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2004, 07:08:09 pm »

I agree to smigme, in could be great to make possible to do a language file to translate MC
French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2004, 11:33:51 pm »

If I have duplicate entries in Playing Now, and I choose "Remove Duplicates", the duplicate entries are removed, but the rating stars for those entries remain.

ged

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 05:17:26 am »

In previous versions of V9 and V10 there would be a number of predefined smart playlists such as
1 random data CD
Possible duplicates task etc

In build 10.0.27 and 28 these seem to have dissapeared. Is this my install?

If so how do i get them back or does anyone have their definitions please?

cheers Ged

LisaRCT

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 06:20:59 am »

I have noticed that MC no longer notifies me of another file with the same name (it used to ask if I wanted to replace the old file with the new one ala windows), but now it simply names the file the same with a '(1)' after the name.  

These files may be read only.  Check the properties.  This sometimes happens when you copy files from a CD.  It's a Windows issue.

Nope, perhaps not - not read-only files and not from a CD.  
Happens with a new file which I recorded on my hard drive and then imported.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2004, 07:30:42 am »

MC10 is causing the pc to freeze for up to 30 seconds when the last track on PN has finished.

It's being caused by the fadeout setting in Options/Playback. The length of the freeze is dependent on the length of the fadeout chosen.

This has been happening for approx the last 6 MC10 releases.

Jim

Media Center Registered 10.0.28 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 31 MB
Resource Info: System - 56 %, GDI - 67 %, User - 56 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2004, 07:47:22 am »

MC becomes very slow in Fullscreen/Visualisation Modus in that moment, when there is no movement of the mouse and the mouse pointer disappears. When the mouse is moved and the mouse pointer is shown, speed is ok.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2004, 09:17:13 am »

I have nothing but MP3's in my library, shouldn't clicking on the camera for images only or the film reel for videos only make the audio files vanish from the view? Because it doesn't. No matter what library I'm looking at, it's always all my mp3's.

Media Center 10.0.28 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 2960 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 785 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:2  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: YAMAHA   CRW2200E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2004, 12:10:50 pm »

Getting a error message that said (Can't create plug in) when burning a cd them media center crashes a show a error report. Can anyone help me with this problem. Mostly a-kerr when burning CD's but I've seen it also burning a data cd after it finished . But trying a audio cd it'll stop half at the end so I end up wasteing a blank cd. Please help or give me some tip's on what I can try.
Media Center Registered 10.0.26 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1626 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 109 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: LG       CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

I even uninstalled drive and re installed for the latest driver and rebooted advanced settings is DMA Mode

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2004, 02:08:56 pm »

version .025 said :Fixed: Locate command was not working outside of 'All' media mode

I cannot get it to work when viewing all media files.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up