INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: canīt burn, please help  (Read 1146 times)

pantxo

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
canīt burn, please help
« on: January 06, 2004, 11:28:09 am »

hi everyone

first of all Iīd like to point out that Iīm from Spain, and that my english is not so good, so if anyone cares to answer me, please do so in a rather simple english, thank you very much

I purchased the 9.1 version a month ago or so after trying the beta version for a while and was very pleased with it....everything worked fine

then one day I was burning a data cd and in the middle of the process an update for the jukebox came from internet... while burning I installed the new update....suddenly the burning stopped and couldnīt get it to burn anything anymore....tried a few times but after a couple of secs burning it would open the cd case giving me an error (for instance: if burning a cd with 14 audio songs it would stop 2 secs after starting with the first song giving an error and ejecting the cd)...now I canīt remember what that error was)

a few days later the latest update came (v9.1.316)....I installed it and tried burning after that an audio cd...now it works better but still doesnīt work...it burns all the way but ejects the cd right after burning the last song, when the program is still finishing the process (even with the eject after write option off)...I tried playing those cds and players wonīt be able to read it

can somebody please tell me what to do?...I really liked burning music with this program (much better than with nero, which I donīt really know how to use, yet)

how can I contact the people from Media Jukebox? īcause I think it would be best if I get the whole program again and install it, since I think the problem came when installing that update while burning

thank you very much for your time and patiente with my english (hope wrote everything if not correctly, at least understandable)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:canīt burn, please help
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 11:49:22 am »

Try a search for "pio" and "dma" here.  Windows may have set your burner into the wrong mode.

pantxo

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 12:00:26 pm »

thank you for your replay JimH...but I forgot to mention that Iīm less than a discrete computer knowledge user, so I have no idea what youīre talking about

but thank you very much anyway...Iīll keep working on it

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 12:01:24 pm »

Just try a search here or at google, using those two words.  Our search is just above.

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 12:04:38 pm »

in MY computer
go to Properties

Hardware
device manager

You will se your burn drive listed.
open properties and set it to DMA.
You may need to reboot.
Try to burn again.

But ,first , remove MC from your computer
Download the last built from MC site
install it
and see if it works

pantxo

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 12:27:46 pm »

Thanks for those replays, really...theyīre fast, wish they were that fast in other forums

but, if I remove MC from my computer, then how can I get it back?

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 12:37:09 pm »

you remove it from control panel -ad/remove programs

After that ,go to MC internet page
Download the program
And install it as you did before.
You licence is still on your computer and everything would be ok

pantxo

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!