INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ping King~  (Read 1249 times)

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not
Ping King~
« on: January 05, 2004, 09:16:40 pm »

I honestly apologize for my post with no paragraphs. I really had no idea that they were so important.

I went to the faqs and “about posting” and did not find anything concerning etiquette and the need to make paragraphs. If there is no “rule” if might be good to make one for the benefit of new MC users who might want to avoid being scorned.

As an afterthought I can see how it would make it easier reading. I then went back to modify my post but the thread had been locked.

I feel that my problems are genuine and could really use some help. I will repost with paragraphs or modify that one if you will allow?

I am a long ways from perfect, but not stupid, I hope that you do not view my questions as such.

I appreciate it,
Coscar

dragyn

Re:Ping King~
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 09:41:37 pm »

It's more of a courtesy than anything. It's just not this site but other sites follow the same kind of "pattern" if you will. That's why there isn't a FAQ here regarding it.

Check this link for more info: Netiquette

phelt

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 11:34:06 pm »

Speaking of that, why exactly is that thread locked? Was it to keep eople from observing that putting the smack on new board citizens and new MC users might not be the smartest thing a mod ever did? Or observing that whining about grammar and message structure without offering any help is childish and potentially damaging to J River?

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 11:46:19 pm »

I had to chuckle when I read the original thread.
I read the entire post without any trouble at all. The lack of formatting didn't even cross my mind. The text is all there, it says what it needs to say, and it's not like the English was poor or abusive
See, when I was a young lad I learnt to read by people telling me to read each word sequentially from left to right. Once at the end of a line, drop down one, move to the start of the line and continue.
If you need to take a "mental breath" then take one. You don't need to be told to with a paragraph break. You don't need someone to hold your hand while you're reading.
As for people actually giving the guy grief about his lack of an inclination towards paragraphiness, I think that's worse so-called "nettiquette" (I hate that term) than what chasosacar displayed by leaving out the breaks.
Sorry, but giving the guy crap about his English then locking the thread without even answering his question (which was perfectly valid) is just down-right rude.

Bad call,

Scott.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 11:49:27 pm »

That thread was locked for the same reason this one is: it has nothing to do with Media Center.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up