INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist folders on handheld players  (Read 628 times)

Pepper

• Recent member
  • OAP Pepper
Playlist folders on handheld players
« on: January 06, 2004, 05:14:23 am »

I use MC for managing my iPod. However, I'm also trying to get my wife to use it for her 128MB handheld player. This is a generic device that shows up as a removable drive in "my computer".

The problem I was having last night was that when I did a 'sync' on the device and selected one of her playlists, the tracks were copied into a new folder on the removable drive, which meant that the player couldn't see the tracks until I manually moved them back the root of the drive.

If I send individual tracks to the player then they do not get put into a directory, which works a treat.

So, question is, is there a mechanism for telling MC not to put playlist files into their own folder on an upload to a handheld?
Visit OAP at www.oldageplaystationers.com
Play online FIFA leagues at www.oapleagues.com

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Playlist folders on handheld players
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 10:16:24 am »

Currently no. The design of the sync is premised around playlists which for generic removable players translates into folders. For now, copy the files from the playlist either using drag and drop or the right click 'send to' option. In the future this will be reworked so that the sync is more useful for your wife.

Steve

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Re:Playlist folders on handheld players
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 10:42:36 am »

Steve, are there any plans to revise the Zen NX plugin so you can create a playlist of files already on the Zen in MC9?  I'd like to be able to use some of the MC9 features such as BPM to create playlists for the Zen.  Right now I have to note the files in the playlist and manually recreate the playlist on the Zen.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up